Harris

There are newer employer reviews for Harris

Could be better

Current Employee - Engineer
Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Harris

Pros

The people at Harris are the best reason to work here. Everyone is incredibly friendly and willing to help get the job done. The benefits are excellent at this company, and the location can't be beat.

Cons

The yearly review process is awful. It's tedious, the software used is flaky at best, and the results are biased. It is incredibly difficult to judge people who do completely different jobs, so I will give management a little lee-way, however we should not limit high performers to 10%. If someone is a high performer, they deserve to be rated that way, not just if they make the 10% cut. I understand the money and how to distribute that, but the wording on the review and the way the promotion handbook is laid out causes issues with top 10%. The work seems to be cyclical and not consistent. Finding a good team and continuing to work with that same team is difficult since the company is so large.

Communication has improved over the last few years, which is great. However, there is still great room for improvement for getting the young employees at Harris the opportunity to grow and advance quickly within the company.

588 Other Employee Reviews for Harris (View Most Recent)

Harris is ok I guess.

Former Employee - Professional Services Manager
    Former Employee - Professional Services Manager

I worked at Harris

Pros

The people that work there are for the most part really dedicated to doing a good job and work very hard. The benefits are very good and the pay is fairly good as well.

Cons

Way too many changes with executive leadership. The direction of the company changes every 6 months due to this. They are very short sighted and truly are only concerned about the short term for investors. Working for a public company can be very challenging.

Stop changing your teams and direction every 6 months. Your team members are becoming very frustrated.

Internship at Harris broadcast

Former Employee - Automation Test Engineer
    Former Employee - Automation Test Engineer

I worked at Harris

Pros

Good exposure to video networking products.
    People are very helpful.
    Management is very considerate in giving time off when it is necessary.

Cons

Lack of coordination between different divisions within Harris.

Make recruitments for interns and coop as per the schools calender.

There are newer employer reviews for Harris