Harris

www.harris.com
  www.harris.com
There are newer employer reviews for Harris

I enjoyed the many of the people, the culture, and mission. Didn't enjoy the politics and back biting.

Former Employee - Program Financial Analyst in Melbourne, FL
Former Employee - Program Financial Analyst in Melbourne, FL

I worked at Harris

Pros

I love having every other Friday off, and work 9 hour days.

Cons

Many of the PFA Level 3 and 4's do not have college degrees and have work experience of many years. They now are working with college grads that are more advanced in learning and the PFA level 3/4's feel intimidated and so they only teach you enough so that you can not unseat them, basically believeing in job security. Atleast that has been my experience.

If you want to retain top talent, you need to have managers who understand and are willing to truly work with their new bright talent, otherwise if they are mistreated, they may go elsewhere.

587 Other Employee Reviews for Harris (View Most Recent)

Plan on staying here until I retire

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Harris

Pros

Great team members that actually carry their weight. Management that actually listens. Flexible hours and the pay is excellent.

Cons

Other groups within the company seem to not function as well as our group. Lack of processes to control work flow between departments.

Old Boys Club; Wanting to be International, but hates diversity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at Harris

Pros

Decent work-life balance with 9/80 work schedules. Reasonably cheap and safe location to be working at. Traveling on early Monday mornings out of Orlando, company pays for Sunday night stay in Orlando.

Cons

Not sure how Harris is trying to be more international but is not at all a conducive environment for a diverse work force. Many jobs are US citizens only in corporate office!!! There is pressure to be "white" and "male" in order to get promotions and recognition. Pressure to conform to religion (Christianity) at work as well.

Start with diversity at Harris CHQ! This is one of the most homogeneous environment I've ever worked in. I worked in Washington DC, Virginia, Maryland, Texas, California, etc.

There are newer employer reviews for Harris