There are newer employer reviews for Harris

Good place to work and grow

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Rochester, NY
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Harris

Pros

good place to work, low pressure, can learn a lot since they average tenure age is very high, good overall process practice, safe

Cons

be more diverse, clear path to grow, allow employees to move dynamically within the company

open more to diversity which by itself will lead to new business opportunities outside of government work.

432 Other Employee Reviews for Harris (View Most Recent)

Plan on staying here until I retire

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Harris

Pros

Great team members that actually carry their weight. Management that actually listens. Flexible hours and the pay is excellent.

Cons

Other groups within the company seem to not function as well as our group. Lack of processes to control work flow between departments.

I enjoyed the many of the people, the culture, and mission. Didn't enjoy the politics and back biting.

Former Employee - Program Financial Analyst  in  Melbourne, FL
    Former Employee - Program Financial Analyst in Melbourne, FL

I worked at Harris

Pros

I love having every other Friday off, and work 9 hour days.

Cons

Many of the PFA Level 3 and 4's do not have college degrees and have work experience of many years. They now are working with college grads that are more advanced in learning and the PFA level 3/4's feel intimidated and so they only teach you enough so that you can not unseat them, basically believeing in job security. Atleast that has been my experience.

If you want to retain top talent, you need to have managers who understand and are willing to truly work with their new bright talent, otherwise if they are mistreated, they may go elsewhere.

There are newer employer reviews for Harris

Worked for Harris? Contribute to the Community!