Intern experience

Former Employee - Software Engineer Intern  in  Rochester, NY
Former Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Rochester, NY

I worked at Harris Stratex

Pros

Paid well, laid back work atmosphere. I got to work with cutting edge technologies and other employees were friendly and helpful.

Cons

I did not get a whole lot of responsibilities as a intern, I spent a lot of my time doing nothing.

I don't know

Other Reviews for Harris Stratex

A company in transition & searching for its identity

Current Employee - Finance Manager  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Harris Stratex

Pros

Ability to prove yourself in challenging work environment with a lot of transition. If you're looking for a company trying to synergize two companies into one and have the personality to drive change and make improvements this is the place for you.

Cons

No bonuses for rank and file workers. This is reserved for upper management. Turnover is high at this company and the manufacturing business is largely commoditized meaning manufacturing is outsourced and the competition is fierce, thus, the company is not making a lot of profit which may limit job opportunities. In fact, we are often posting losses each quarter which means the business needs to stay lean and it's not exactly a growing work environment. There have been a number of layoffs and plant closures since I began working there the past few years.

Don't be afraid to set up teams at the grassroots level to solve problems. They know the systems better than any outside consultants and can provide direct feedback on how to improve the systems. Not only would you save a boatload of money each month but you'd also empower the work force and provide workers with the opportunity to expand their existing roles. Nearly everyone wants to learn and be challenged.

not too good of an experience

Current Employee - Applications/Systems Engineer I  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Applications/Systems Engineer I in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Harris Stratex full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

location, technology, small environment, some basic organization and goal setting

Cons

compensation - low - lack of security on the facilities

Establish quarterly goals for each division

There are newer employer reviews for Harris Stratex.

Worked for Harris Stratex? Contribute to the Community!