Harris Stratex

www.aviatnetworks.com

A company in transition & searching for its identity

Finance Manager (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsAbility to prove yourself in challenging work environment with a lot of transition. If you're looking for a company trying to synergize two companies into one and have the personality to drive change and make improvements this is the place for you.

ConsNo bonuses for rank and file workers. This is reserved for upper management. Turnover is high at this company and the manufacturing business is largely commoditized meaning manufacturing is outsourced and the competition is fierce, thus, the company is not making a lot of profit which may limit job opportunities. In fact, we are often posting losses each quarter which means the business needs to stay lean and it's not exactly a growing work environment. There have been a number of layoffs and plant closures since I began working there the past few years.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be afraid to set up teams at the grassroots level to solve problems. They know the systems better than any outside consultants and can provide direct feedback on how to improve the systems. Not only would you save a boatload of money each month but you'd also empower the work force and provide workers with the opportunity to expand their existing roles. Nearly everyone wants to learn and be challenged.

not too good of an experience

Applications/Systems Engineer I (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

I have been working at Harris Stratex full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: location, technology, small environment, some basic organization and goal setting Cons: compensation - low - lack of security on the facilities Advice to Senior Management: Establish quarterly goals for each division No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Software eng

I have been working at Harris Stratex full-time

Pros: Good company. Nice tech to work with. With Carriers upgrading… Cons: Limited opportunities. Very competitive field with few companies in this… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Harris Stratex.

Worked for Harris Stratex? Contribute to the Community!