There are newer employer reviews for Harris Teeter

Great Place to work, just not in Dairy/Frozen.

Current Employee - Dairy Manager  in  Wilmington, NC
Current Employee - Dairy Manager in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at Harris Teeter

Pros

Pay is better than average. Benefits is above average. One of the few companies that offer a semi-annual bonus. Chance of moving up is OK.

Cons

Doing less seems to be the way to move up. Dairy Frozen is the most under appreciated department in the entire store.

Be more observant of the associates and the department managers who want to move up. The ones who care are usually not the ones who move up and it is very disheartening.

419 Other Employee Reviews for Harris Teeter (View Most Recent)

Harris Teeter is an awesome company to work for and they take care of their Associates!

Current Employee - Customer Service Clerk  in  Hampstead, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Clerk in Hampstead, NC

I have been working at Harris Teeter

Pros

Harris Teeter really takes pride in the overall operation of their stores, the professional image they portray and their associates. They are one of the few companies that realize their associates are what make up the company and they really take care of them. They offer competetive pay, health benefits for both part-time and full-time employees, oppotunities for advancement, Bonus Checks twice per year, 401-K Plan, Employee discounts and so much more! They even had an employee appreciation day for us and the Store manager cooked steaks and potatos for us, while other managers washed our cars for us. Hands down, this is the best employer I've ever had. If you are willing to put a little hard work and dedication into your job, no matter what your position.. it will pay off in the end. As their jingle says "It's my Harris Teeter!"

Cons

Its is a public retail job, so therefore you have to work at the demands of the public. If you work at a beach store, it gets incredibly busy in the summertime and then in the winter when things slow down, your hours get cut. Dealing with angry or disgruntled customers can sometimes test your patience (We rarely have angry customers).

The management staff does a great job at what they do!

Terrible

Current Employee - Frozen Food and Dairy Manager  in  Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Frozen Food and Dairy Manager in Cary, NC

I have been working at Harris Teeter

Pros

Pay is good plus Benefits and the Bonus check

Cons

No communication plus if you or a familiy member how the staff including store manager performance skills are the retaliation is immediately. Plus double standarts.

Don't be such a hypecrits and liars and every once a while to say something positive about what your employer is doing will not break a jewel out of your crown.

There are newer employer reviews for Harris Teeter

Worked for Harris Teeter? Contribute to the Community!