There are newer employer reviews for Harris Teeter

Terrible

Current Employee - Frozen Food and Dairy Manager  in  Cary, NC
Current Employee - Frozen Food and Dairy Manager in Cary, NC

I have been working at Harris Teeter

Pros

Pay is good plus Benefits and the Bonus check

Cons

No communication plus if you or a familiy member how the staff including store manager performance skills are the retaliation is immediately. Plus double standarts.

Don't be such a hypecrits and liars and every once a while to say something positive about what your employer is doing will not break a jewel out of your crown.

415 Other Employee Reviews for Harris Teeter (View Most Recent)

Maximum expectancy of quality of work and public relations, with minimum wage pay.

Current Employee - Cashier/Bagger  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Cashier/Bagger in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Harris Teeter

Pros

Good esprit de corps among employees (front line). We all seem to know we are the bottom of the totem-pole, even though we are the last, and most important employees the customer has contact with.

Cons

NO FULL DISCLOSURE AT THE INTERVIEW, OR DURING COMPUTER TRAINING. I was NEVER told that as a cashier/bagger I would be expected to perform janitorial duties in the mornings and during evening shifts. IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE A CASHIER / BAGGER, YOU CAN EXPECT TO BE CLEANING TOILETS, SCRUBBING DOWN URINALS, DEALING WITH FEMALE-BIO-HAZARDOUS MATERIALS, EMPTYING EXTERIOR RECYCLE-BINS (DISGUSTING, FULL OF GARBAGE). You are provided with very inadequate safety precautions, e.g. very thin latex gloves only. All this as well as being expected to perform excellent customer service at checkout, carry-out to the customer's cars. DO NOT ANSWER YOUR PHONE ON YOUR DAYS OFF, they have a nasty habit of calling you in to work!
    Their "on-call" system is a scam. Because you have to call-in to "check" on your status (wether or not they will need you that day), legally they do not have to pay you for the on call time. So, your day is wasted, especially if you're on call for a PM shift. UNFAIR.
       ALL THE ABOVE, NOT TO MENTION A TOTAL LACK OF ANY "ATTABOYS" FOR A JOB WELL DONE, FOR MINIMUM WAGE! ! ! I REPEAT, ...MINIMUM WAGE!!

Full disclosure of ALL job expectations at the time of interview / training. Better pay, in light of the "additional duties" involved in the lowly job of cashier / bagger.

excellent company with outstanding management team

Current Employee - Lead  in  Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Lead in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Harris Teeter

Pros

advancment opportunity
    competitive salary
    great management team
    good benefits

Cons

not enought vacation time
    insurance could be lower

There are newer employer reviews for Harris Teeter

Worked for Harris Teeter? Contribute to the Community!