Harris Teeter

Guess I Got Lucky w/My Team

Current Employee - Assistant Customer Service Manager
Current Employee - Assistant Customer Service Manager

I have been working at Harris Teeter full-time

Pros

Good training for management as long as you take advantage of it. If you don't put anything into to it, then I doubt you will get anything out of it (sleeping in class, wanting to leave early is just few examples). I read a lot of the reviews on here & most of the griping I see are those that do not put anything in so how do you expect to get anything out. Along with the classroom & the training I received in my store I guess I got lucky with my team... One other note, I see the "do it or get fired" comment on other reviews. Most stores I have been in I haven't heard such things unless you have several documentations against you. How do you avoid this, do the job the way it is trained...

Cons

Its retail, so hours sometimes can be a challenge. If you know anything about retail though, you should already know/be aware of this before going in. Classroom could use some updated training material.

464 Other Employee Reviews for Harris Teeter (View Most Recent)

Enjoyable for the most part, but not very appreciative of a job well done.

I have been working at Harris Teeter

Pros

Stable Company. Close Co-workers. Profit Sharing two times a year. Yearly Raise but full time raise based upon manager review

Cons

Hard to advance, especially in the front end. Retaliation by managers. Favoritism. Hard to get days off if manager is not very flexible. Lazy employees. no consequences for tardies and absences.

It"s not for everybody

I have been working at Harris Teeter

Pros

Fast Paced, Part time benefits, Pays weekly

Cons

No leadership, crazy hours, very lean shifts.

None