Harris Teeter

There are newer employer reviews for Harris Teeter

Harris Teeter and me

Former Employee - Meat Cutter in New Bern, NC
Former Employee - Meat Cutter in New Bern, NC

I worked at Harris Teeter full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

401K, profit sharing, overall friendly environment. A sold corporate plan for the future.

Cons

Easy to get trapping in a position.

450 Other Employee Reviews for Harris Teeter (View Most Recent)

Bad ending

Former Employee - Dairy Manager in Cary, NC
    Former Employee - Dairy Manager in Cary, NC

I worked at Harris Teeter full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I moved up pretty quickly from clerk to department manager. I got plenty of hours. For the most part my co-workers were okay.

Cons

The pay is very very low. The hours suck. I had to work every weekend including Sundays even when I stated that I could not work Sunday mornings.

It is okay for a grocery store but some of the managers need to step up

Current Employee - Assistant Customer Service Manager in Wilmington, NC
    Current Employee - Assistant Customer Service Manager in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at Harris Teeter full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Most of the people I've worked with have been a delight. I have met a lot of friends while working here. You get experience in many different areas as long as you express interest and have the right managers.

Cons

Some of the managers do not move from their desk all day and then take credit for all the running around your doing and the assistant department manager. They will send you to a store that is an hour away from your home which makes for no life outside of work at all. The dept. manager will often times schedule themselves during all of the convenient shifts (7-3, 8-4) and leave you with the inconvenient ones all week long (10-7, 11-8). The schedule is typically very unfair. The dept. manager will have weekends off whenever they need it but not use the same fairness towards their assistants or clerks. The assistant department managers do not get paid enough to live on starting out and end up having to take second jobs often. This makes life very difficult because they typically have poor schedules to work around and managers making the schedule are not flexible about second jobs.

Let people pick the store they would rather go to rather than telling them to go to one an hour away (within reason).

There are newer employer reviews for Harris Teeter