There are newer employer reviews for Harris Teeter

nice place to work if you have low standards

Former Employee - Produce Clerk in Winston-Salem, NC
Former Employee - Produce Clerk in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at Harris Teeter full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

friendly environment, lateral movement in the company is fairly easy

Cons

low chance at full time jobs, upward movement on the corporate ladder is a very slow and arduous process

make sure your associates are treated like people. you are making progress towards being like wal-mart and that's not a good thing

440 Other Employee Reviews for Harris Teeter (View Most Recent)

Good place to work. I like the company's standard for customer service.

I have been working at Harris Teeter full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you are the type of person who likes working with the public and giving excellent customer service, this is a good place to work. The standards of the company are high compared to other chains.

Cons

I am not a fan of the cadet blue polo that is required to be worn by associates. A department manager can have a negative impact on the way a department is run.

Make sure all department managers are running their departments according to HT standards.

....'good to worst'.....

Current Employee - Assistant Produce Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Assistant Produce Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Harris Teeter full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

....the twice a year bonus which is now questionable with Kroger being the parent company......

Cons

...cannot wait to leave the company in the coming year, they talk a good game like Walmart fighting back with their ads saying how great it is to work there but in fact it is the most horrible from an employee morale point of view. Talk to anyone in the stores and if they are willing to tell you the atmosphere sucks because of the constant, always in your face, 'company is coming', audits after audits, after audits and more audits!!! Zero overtime or threats of"write ups" or "documentation"!!. We have 2 arms but they insist on 6 arms and they don't care but they expect it to be done! As far as who you are in the company they don't give a @#$t!!. Don't use your brain just do as we say or we'll "write you up" is a very common comment. This career path is now strictly just a paycheck!! with the clock ticking for departure. I can truly say that I speak for many many people working for the stores but they are 'afraid' of their 'job' or tell anyone. Yes, this may sound like a rant but I challenge anyone to find and speak to the people in the stores and "IF" they will tell you in honesty what they really think about the company.

....advice to the company!!??......as if they don't already know!!.....they should just fly back in their or shall I say 'we employees company jet" and think about the word "PEOPLE"!!

There are newer employer reviews for Harris Teeter