Harris Teeter

There are newer employer reviews for Harris Teeter

Wonderful

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Harris Teeter full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Harris Teeter has a lot of potential for growth. They really care about their associates and really make them feel appreciated. The pay and benefits are very fair as well.

Cons

The grocery business can be very stressful because of the inevitable unpredictability of the industry.

I think they need to look into the current hiring practices. I really enjoy working for Harris Teeter and feel that I'm a good fit. However, I feel like they don't always hire the right people. I believe that it is very important to really focus on hiring personable associates who truly enjoy working with others. I feel like a lot of the individuals that get hired into entry level positions are not fit for Harris Teeter. Those people turn out to be rude and antisocial. They make customers and other associates uncomfortable and ultimately affect the morale of the stores they are working in. Whats worse, is that they often end up being promoted into management positions. I think that it is important to be selective when accepting associates into management training because not everyone is fit to lead. I have had the pleasure of working with some of the most wonderful managers who have helped me grow as an associate and as an individual. Unfortunately, I have also worked with managers who did the opposite. The latter are the ones who have the power to not only push away good employees, but ultimately the customers too. I have been with the company for a long time and it is a huge part of my life. It is very disappointing when customers tell me they avoid certain stores because of the management and rude associates. Harris Teeter prides itself on great customer service so we need to hire individuals who value that.

491 Other Employee Reviews for Harris Teeter (View Most Recent)

good place to work

Former Employee - Frsh Foods Clerk in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Frsh Foods Clerk in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Harris Teeter full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There is good advancement opportunities for hard workers, the management cares about the associates and it is a nice clean work environment.

Cons

Very hard work I the Fresh Foods Department. So many audits, mystery shops and upper management visits that it keeps everyone on edge so scared to mess up. Very tense work environment. Insurance for family coverage is so expensive it is ridiculous; hardly pays to work.

8.75/hr..Bust your butt!!! Treated like dirt! High Turnover...

Former Employee - Produce Clerk in Burlington, NC
    Former Employee - Produce Clerk in Burlington, NC

I worked at Harris Teeter part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Nothing Really....Wait! 6 month bonuses a few hundred bucks.

Cons

Low Pay...Only Part-Time 28 hrs max.....Full timers treated much better! Allowed to take breaks without getting the "stink eye".Not hiring full time....Regardless of how hard you work. North Carolina companies are notoriously brutal, mean, spirited and anti-union. Harris Teeter examplifies this all the way!! Don't shop here They suck!

Quit being such butt kissing toadies...you're pitiful...Some people work hard!! Recognize that!

There are newer employer reviews for Harris Teeter