Harris Teeter
www.harristeeter.com Matthews, NC 5000+ Employees

Great grocer, top notch in every area.

Co-Manager (Current Employee)
Nashville, TN

I have been working at Harris Teeter

ProsGood pay, great stores, best people in the grocery business. Leadership has a clearly defined structure for doing business, just follow their plan and things are relatively easy.

ConsVery little flexibility in store operations. If you're the creative type, you likely will not be happy here. The focus is on audits rather than sales, bad enough that at times it seems increasing sales is not the focus of the company at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementCentralized structures are great, but more local/regional flexibility is necessary. Let stores do more to build on top of the sales plan or substitute parts of the plan that don't make sense. Promote a sales mindset rather than an audit mindset.

Overall great place tow work

Assistant Customer Service Manager (Current Employee)
Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Harris Teeter

Pros: If you show initiative you will quickly be promoted which is great if it is your entry level job. I was quickly promoted form cashier… Cons: Sometimes the standards corporate office set are not always feasible. when you work in a a busy store and there are only… Advice to Senior Management: Pay closer attention to your employees. Some of them are really good and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

"Great place to work, not great on advancement"

Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee)
Charlotte, NC

I worked at Harris Teeter

Pros: Harris Teeter has Great Pay, great customers, great bonuses. Cons: Department management (sometimes) horrible, favortism, not great on expanding scheduling. Advice to Senior Management: Advancement based time will company, not always the best choice. More

There are newer reviews on Harris Teeter.

Worked for Harris Teeter? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Harris Teeter reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Harris Teeter CEO Fred Morganthall II. All reviews posted anonymously by Harris Teeter employees.