There are newer employer reviews for Harris Teeter

I've met great people while working for Harris Teeter.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/ACCOUNTING  in  Fairfax, VA
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/ACCOUNTING in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Harris Teeter

Pros

Cashiers start at $10.00 which is the best start out pay for cashiers in the area. I've worked for Harris Teeter for exactly one year, and in that year I have been bumped up 3 times so there are chances to move up. Most of my co-workers are fun to work with and managers are pretty connected with their subordinates. Part time has a lot of freedom with taking days off. As long as you put it in the system two weeks before the day you want off, you will get it off no problem.

Cons

It gets really busy some times, to the point where management has to get on register to help out.

If you want to move up just pay attention to every thing that you higher ups do and learn. Let them know you want to advance.

417 Other Employee Reviews for Harris Teeter (View Most Recent)

Harris Teeter is a nice part-time job for side cash. As far as grocery stores go, it's on the higher end.

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Ashburn, VA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Ashburn, VA

I have been working at Harris Teeter

Pros

Harris Teeter has flexible hours, they pay fairly well for a grocery store and they require breaks for longer shifts.

Cons

Stay on top of your managers about when you want (and don't want) to work. If you are a guy, expect to do most of the grunt work (taking out the trash, bringing in shopping carts, etc). Don't let managers guilt trip (or sweet talk) you into working longer hours or covering other people's shifts unless you want to work because they will keep asking you once you say yes once or twice.

Hire enough people to cover your shifts so that you aren't in "dire straights" if one person takes a weekend off.

Good, but can be boring, higher pay would be nice.

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Cashier in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Harris Teeter

Pros

It is one of the cleanest grocery stores and it is more expensive than a lot of the other grocery stores, management is fairly nice. I don't mind working there.

Cons

Management can seem disconnected, seems to be slim opportunities for advancement, employees seem to stay at cashier level for a long time.

Upper management seems totally disconnected from the cashiers, except for my hiring manager I've never even talked to many of the upper management personnel.

There are newer employer reviews for Harris Teeter

Worked for Harris Teeter? Contribute to the Community!