Change in culture - enrollment/revenues dropping

Former Employee - Director of Student Affairs  in  Indianapolis, IN
Former Employee - Director of Student Affairs in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Harrison College full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very nice people - dedicated professionals. The culture of the place used to be very open and pretty generous. The dedication to employees was front and center - with priorities defined for employees as 1. faith, 2. family, 3. health and then 4. job. I believe the company truly lived these values - and continues to seek to. The Cons below, though, have made it tougher to make this happen.

Cons

For-profit sector really taking it on the chin lately. Enrollments are falling, along with revenues. Recent layoffs have chilled the work environment and previously strong culture. The business side of the company is making decisions based on the values tougher to sustain. The recent layoffs were budget-driven, with nearly 25% of the workforce laid off within the last month or so.

Hang in there. Be more transparent about what just happened.

Other Reviews for Harrison College

Get ready to be thrown under the bus! Two faced, stab you in the back management.

Former Employee - Certified Financial Aid Analyst  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Certified Financial Aid Analyst in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Harrison College

Pros

I believe that HC could have been a great place to work if you may have worked in a different department. Opportunity to grow if your manager approves you to make the move.

Cons

Petty gossip from management. They have meetings that are pointless and just gossip about current employees. You will interview as a group and thereafter you will be under fire for your appearance. The terminate employee frequently. The management team can prevent you from advancing or applying for other positions in the company. You must know how to "play the game" when you walk into this company. It was like walking back into high school. I have worked at many successful companies and their management is terrible. From the director to compliance team. Worst company I have EVER worked for! Please look at other companies before you decide to gain employment here. I wasted every bit of 2 years here. I never had a bad review and I wasn't fired. I turned in my notice due to my unhappiness.

Please review your management teams, assistant directors and team leads closer. This department has lost a huge amount of good employees within the last year. They are chalking it up as attrition.....haha. No, it is because the employees are miserable and how management treat the employees.

great coworkers on campus but upper management would rather lay off employees then not receive their yearly raise

I have been working at Harrison College full-time

Pros

coworkers are nice for the most part

Cons

it's a business first and a college second, students are milk for every last penny

There are newer employer reviews for Harrison College.

Worked for Harrison College? Contribute to the Community!