Harrison College

www.harrison.edu

Management transition leading to decline in quality, poorly handled lay-offs

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsWhen I started working there a year ago, it was a great place to work. Employees truly cared about each other and put the students first. Employee "pyramid" was balanced and the management worked closely with those under them.

ConsNear the beginning of 2012, there were some significant transitions in top management positions, and everything seemed to go downhill. Management stopped consulting employees and did their own thing. They stopped considering the students' needs and put themselves first. They started firing employees for questionable reasons, eliminating lower positions, and then creating more upper management positions. The company is so utterly top-heavy right now and they are losing students because they keep letting go of the employees who connect with students the most.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to the values you preached before... stop wasting so much time congratulating yourselves on small successes. Knuckle down and think about how to continue that success. And as a higher education institution, think of the students first - be more willing to put up with some inconveniences to give them the best service possible.

Change in culture - enrollment/revenues dropping

Director of Student Affairs (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Harrison College full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Very nice people - dedicated professionals. The culture of the place used to be very open and pretty generous. The dedication to employees was front… Cons: For-profit sector really taking it on the chin lately. Enrollments are falling, along with revenues. Recent layoffs have chilled the work environment and previously strong… Advice to Senior Management: Hang in there. Be more transparent about what just happened. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Get ready to be thrown under the bus! Two faced, stab you in the back management.

Certified Financial Aid Analyst (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Harrison College

Pros: I believe that HC could have been a great place to work if you may have… Cons: Petty gossip from management. They have meetings that are pointless and just gossip about current employees. You will interview as a group and thereafter you… Advice to Senior Management: Please review your management teams, assistant directors and team leads closer. This department has lost a huge amount of good employees within the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Harrison College.

Worked for Harrison College? Contribute to the Community!