Harrison College

www.harrison.edu
  www.harrison.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Harrison College

Management transition leading to decline in quality, poorly handled lay-offs

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Harrison College full-time (more than an year)

Pros

When I started working there a year ago, it was a great place to work. Employees truly cared about each other and put the students first. Employee "pyramid" was balanced and the management worked closely with those under them.

Cons

Near the beginning of 2012, there were some significant transitions in top management positions, and everything seemed to go downhill. Management stopped consulting employees and did their own thing. They stopped considering the students' needs and put themselves first. They started firing employees for questionable reasons, eliminating lower positions, and then creating more upper management positions. The company is so utterly top-heavy right now and they are losing students because they keep letting go of the employees who connect with students the most.

Go back to the values you preached before... stop wasting so much time congratulating yourselves on small successes. Knuckle down and think about how to continue that success. And as a higher education institution, think of the students first - be more willing to put up with some inconveniences to give them the best service possible.

27 Other Employee Reviews for Harrison College (View Most Recent)

Change in culture - enrollment/revenues dropping

Former Employee - Director of Student Affairs in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Director of Student Affairs in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Harrison College full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very nice people - dedicated professionals. The culture of the place used to be very open and pretty generous. The dedication to employees was front and center - with priorities defined for employees as 1. faith, 2. family, 3. health and then 4. job. I believe the company truly lived these values - and continues to seek to. The Cons below, though, have made it tougher to make this happen.

Cons

For-profit sector really taking it on the chin lately. Enrollments are falling, along with revenues. Recent layoffs have chilled the work environment and previously strong culture. The business side of the company is making decisions based on the values tougher to sustain. The recent layoffs were budget-driven, with nearly 25% of the workforce laid off within the last month or so.

Hang in there. Be more transparent about what just happened.

Get ready to be thrown under the bus! Two faced, stab you in the back management.

Former Employee - Certified Financial Aid Analyst in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Certified Financial Aid Analyst in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Harrison College

Pros

I believe that HC could have been a great place to work if you may have worked in a different department. Opportunity to grow if your manager approves you to make the move.

Cons

Petty gossip from management. They have meetings that are pointless and just gossip about current employees. You will interview as a group and thereafter you will be under fire for your appearance. The terminate employee frequently. The management team can prevent you from advancing or applying for other positions in the company. You must know how to "play the game" when you walk into this company. It was like walking back into high school. I have worked at many successful companies and their management is terrible. From the director to compliance team. Worst company I have EVER worked for! Please look at other companies before you decide to gain employment here. I wasted every bit of 2 years here. I never had a bad review and I wasn't fired. I turned in my notice due to my unhappiness.

Please review your management teams, assistant directors and team leads closer. This department has lost a huge amount of good employees within the last year. They are chalking it up as attrition.....haha. No, it is because the employees are miserable and how management treat the employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Harrison College