Harrison College

www.harrison.edu
  www.harrison.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Harrison College

Hate the last day of the term - will I still have a job at the end of the day- knot in my stomach.

I have been working at Harrison College

Pros

Good benefits and allows you to volunteer on a work day.

Cons

Poor pay compared to others in town, NO communication even between upper management, allows a lot of unethical behavior from employees as long as they produce results, and continue to higher upper management/ provosts but not those that work with the client daily.

Please stop with all the reports, survey's and other items where the right questions are not asked. Instead of parties how about equipment that works and raises truly based on performance not the amount of money available or just be honest that the money is not available.

Jan 15, 2014Director of Human Resources

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your experience at Harrison College. We appreciate that you have taken the time to highlight positive aspects of your experience with the College as ... More

25 Other Employee Reviews for Harrison College (View Most Recent)

Great experience while I was there

Current Employee - Registrar in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Registrar in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Harrison College full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very family oriented. With the prior President Ken Konesco, the mission of the company was family first. My direct managers have always been very accommodating and encouraging. I've had several roles due to promotions. The campus was very nice since it allowed a more home feeling.

Cons

Major lay offs within the company after I left due to relocating out of state. Just recently another layoff has been taken place and the majority of my good friends have been laid due to slow economic growth. Administration/Headquarters was more just a corporate job feel to it and didn't feel as valued as working with a campus.

Stop creating titles for unnecessary positions and then lay the position off in a couple of year. There are so many "Director of" positions that can all be condensed to one Regional position.

Jan 15, 2014Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your comments. We value your feedback, and your advice to senior management will be shared with the Executive Committee.

Short but Sweet

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Harrison College full-time

Pros

Harrison has a great mission and most of the people that I worked with were very committed to it. Everything revolved around how to best serve the students and around changing people's lives. This attitude of service extended beyond the job and into company sponsored service projects. If you want to feel like you are making a difference in the world, this is a great place to be.

Cons

At the time I worked there, the organization was going through tremendous change and I don't think they really had a clear vision of what kind of changes were going to produce the results they wanted. They hired a lot of people and laid off a lot of people within the time I worked there.

There wasn't good communication between different areas of the organization. With all the changes going on, often the left hand didn't know what the right was doing. There was desperate need for a better coordination of work between different functional areas.

More communication, but not in the form of email. Meet with people face-to-face and ensure that different groups are working together toward common goals. Communication and alignment need to be improved.

There are newer employer reviews for Harrison College