Hart Energy Publishing LLLP

www.hartenergy.com
  www.hartenergy.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hart Energy Publishing LLLP

Hart Energy is a growing enterprise...with expected growing pains.

I have been working at Hart Energy Publishing LLLP

Pros

Some of these reviews are shocking and clearly left by disgruntled employees. What better way to blindly attack a company than by leaving a Glassdoor review. Although I must agree with the fellow pessimist on disorganization here and there, its simply not as degrading as these reviews reveal. The benefits are highly competitive, accessibility to upper management is more than I've seen in any company, the atmosphere and culture is relaxed, they support and encourage innovativeness, and most of all there is a positive outlook on growth and success for hard, dedicated workers.

Cons

I would have to agree that its rumored that salaries are not as competitive as o&g companies and I was offered 15% more at a major o&g company. However, Hart Energy is a publishing company - Not an oil & gas operator.
More emphasis should be put on training and development and career progression, but it appears that efforts are being made to make that happen.

I would like to see more execution than implementation. Less talking and more doing. It's great to see the enhancement in communication with the new internal communication specialist. This keeps employees outside of the Houston office inside of the loop.

17 Other Employee Reviews for Hart Energy Publishing LLLP (View Most Recent)

Great Benefits - Not as bad as people make it sound!

Current Employee - Marketing in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing in Houston, TX

I have been working at Hart Energy Publishing LLLP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Great Health Benefits and 401k match
    - PTO and paid holidays (you get almost every holiday plus more)
    - Flexible work schedule
    - Open to new ideas (while some times we struggle to implement them)
    - Entrepreneur spirit
    - You get to deal with all of the Oil & Gas industry and deal with all of the big players
    - Company continues to grow year over year, some growing pains to be expected

Cons

- Needs better communications with in different departments
    - Better training when individuals are hired
    - Still very print focused
    - Troubles adapting to new technology
    - Need to hire more seasoned expertise and less entry level

While still very print focused we are evolving to digital slowly but surely. We need to keep the momentum and continue to evolve.

No Appreciation and No money

Current Employee - Sales in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Houston, TX

I have been working at Hart Energy Publishing LLLP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You will make good connections in the oil & gas industry. (Hopefully a connection that will offer you a better job).

Cons

Do not pay their employees nearly enough. Upper management is never around and doesn't lead by a good example. Expect you to work more than 40 hours a week with low salaries and no appreciation. They are not up to speed with the latest technological procedures and programs. Everything is done like we still live in the 1980s. The accounting department is terrible. There is little to no communication. Hart expects you to train yourself. You won't learn anything at this company except how not to act as a manager. There is an extremely high turnover.

Start compensating your employees better. Stop withholding bonuses when numbers are met.

There are newer employer reviews for Hart Energy Publishing LLLP