Harte Hanks

Run Away! Run Away!

Picker (Former Employee)
Monroe Township, NJ

I worked at Harte Hanks full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat people. Close to home. Site manager JM was great.

Consdo you have a few hours?? From the start, Heartless Hanks came in and made changes, and not good changes. The first thing they did was look at which employees had the most vacation or 'PTO' time and slash it in half. Claiming they "wouldn't honor" our former employers 'Ridiculous' pto plan.
One woman who was with the company 21 years saw her pto time go from 25 days to 12.
They refused to work with part-time employees and their hours. This included mothers and students.
They NEVER closed for bad weather. I understand that they are in business to make money, but when there is a blizzard warning and 6 inches of snow already on the ground at ten am, it's time to think about your employees and not money. They sent our warehouse manager out in this storm to make a 'delivery'. The trip usually took about an hour in good weather. This time it took him 5. The delivery that was so important? A number 10 envelope containing an invoice. Seriously.
When my coworkers youngest sister died he had to travel out of town. His supervisor actually called him wanting to know when he thought he'd be back to work.
People in the office were treated far differently than the 'workroom' employees. They made their own hours and made mistakes that were generally blamed on workroom staff. I could go on and on but I dont want this to turn into a full-blown rant.
Just stay away.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo to the wizard and get a heart. And a brain.

Only if your very desperate for job....Good training to learn call center survival but not a career.

Fedex Agent (Current Employee)
Austin, TX

I have been working at Harte Hanks full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good medical and dental. 3 weeks PTO. Gay… Cons: Terrible equipment Oppressive management No room for advancement Massive Firings over 6 in one week Meat Grinder call center mentality When they bring in new training classes they always fire… Advice to Senior Management: Lay off the cheap perks...Snow Cone Day..Nacho Day....Instead make bonuses easier to obtain. Renegotiate your… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Disappointing

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Austin, TX

I worked at Harte Hanks full-time for less than a year

Pros: A quiet place A diverse place A socially acceptable place Cons: Not many places to move up, and if you not… Advice to Senior Management: Work with your employee's that have families, don't throw away good hard working people, and be less… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Harte Hanks.

Worked for Harte Hanks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Harte Hanks reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Harte Hanks CEO Robert A. Philpott. All reviews posted anonymously by Harte Hanks employees.