Going downhill.

Current Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Harte Hanks full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people on a sinking ship.

Cons

Managment years ago lost sight of the fact that this company was built by servicing small to medium size businesses. They now treat the local accounts very poorly and only concentrate on major accounts so that they might hit next weeks or months budget. The local accounts have been mistreated for years now and the piper is due.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. You have alot of dead weight middle managers.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Working here was much like a prison sentence.

Former Employee - Tech Support Representative in Shawnee, KS
    Former Employee - Tech Support Representative in Shawnee, KS

I worked at Harte Hanks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I met some funny people. I learned a lot about the world of ebooks and technical info with mobile devices.

Cons

I was verbally abused on a regular basis. My lead seemed not to care if she offended people. The halls, walls, employee "cafe" reminded me of a prison. Many of the managers began their talks with, "well, know this isn't the best place to work, but.......". My ideas for improvement were never taken seriously. Everything had been outsourced except bathroom breaks. Some random person in the Philippines made my work schedule which would shift every week, when I called the HR department to get a copy of my W-2, I talked with an agent in New York (I was in Kansas). I was informed that an on site HR department did not exist. What if I was harassed while on the job? Would I call New York to submit a complaint? Absurd. Our humanity was deleted, replaced with numbers and although I was always in the top 5 best-performing agents, I was paid only enough to barely feed myself and my daughter. On the day before I quit, I took a lifechanging phone call and used the proper personal time phone mode. When I returned 10 minutes later to my desk, my lead screamed at me which was very unprofessional and hurtful to me.. Actually she screamed at lots of people and lots of people screamed back. The lack of respect for people was shocking. I have vowed to never let myself become a victim of such an exploitive, extractive and de-humanizing corporation again. Don't work there.

Advice to Management

Respect people. Listen. Create a feedback survey so that you can understand the damage you are doing to people. Hire managers who don't scream at employees. Stop the outsourcing madness. It sucks on so many levels. The customers hate it too. Everyone hates except the spineless people at the top. Get some decency, get real.

I would recommend you to keep looking.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Harte Hanks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of different departments to work in.

Cons

Constant changes in schedule Hard to get days off when needed