Harte Hanks
www.hartehanks.com San Antonio, TX 5000+ Employees

Favoritism, outsourcing and no time for bathroom breaks for you!!

Copy Editor for Newstand (Former Employee)
Shawnee, KS

I worked at Harte Hanks full-time for more than a year

ProsFew. The co-workers were really nice and friendly. They had microwaves.

IT was very knowledgeable but overworked due to there only being two of them.

ConsLots.

If you are not a friend of the boss, there is no chance for a promotion. It is all about favoritism even if you are the best at your job and prove it month in and month out.

Supervisors were not prepared for their role. They complained all the time about all the work they had to do, even though their work consisted of a few phone calls and some PTO time plotting.

Outsourcing was rampant. In a span of two days, they laid off 8 people so they could keep the people in Manilla for cheaper labor.

They decided to save money by getting rid of eating utensils. Really.... Eating utensils were the first thing to go?...

If you needed to use the bathroom, you had to plot that time and if you went over the allotted time for "personal time" (8 minutes), you got an incident on your file.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo better

Poor Supervision

Fedex International Customer Support (Former Employee)
Texarkana, TX

I worked at Harte Hanks full-time for more than a year

Pros: The best reason to work at Harte Hanks is because it's a job… Cons: The supervision sucks and they only enforce the rules and only certain rules when it comes to favoritism. I was a lead on the floor… Advice to Senior Management: It may be about who you know but what does it benefit… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Going downhill.

Sales (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA

I have been working at Harte Hanks full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great people on a sinking ship. Cons: Managment years ago lost sight of the fact that this company was built by servicing small to medium size businesses. They now treat the local… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your employees. You have alot of dead weight… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Harte Hanks.

Worked for Harte Hanks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Harte Hanks reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Harte Hanks CEO Robert A. Philpott. All reviews posted anonymously by Harte Hanks employees.