There are newer employer reviews for Harte Hanks

Favoritism, outsourcing and no time for bathroom breaks for you!!

Former Employee - Copy Editor for Newstand  in  Shawnee, KS
Former Employee - Copy Editor for Newstand in Shawnee, KS

I worked at Harte Hanks full-time for more than a year

Pros

Few. The co-workers were really nice and friendly. They had microwaves.

IT was very knowledgeable but overworked due to there only being two of them.

Cons

Lots.

If you are not a friend of the boss, there is no chance for a promotion. It is all about favoritism even if you are the best at your job and prove it month in and month out.

Supervisors were not prepared for their role. They complained all the time about all the work they had to do, even though their work consisted of a few phone calls and some PTO time plotting.

Outsourcing was rampant. In a span of two days, they laid off 8 people so they could keep the people in Manilla for cheaper labor.

They decided to save money by getting rid of eating utensils. Really.... Eating utensils were the first thing to go?...

If you needed to use the bathroom, you had to plot that time and if you went over the allotted time for "personal time" (8 minutes), you got an incident on your file.

Do better

200 Other Employee Reviews for Harte Hanks (View Most Recent)

Poor Supervision

Former Employee - Fedex International Customer Support  in  Texarkana, TX
    Former Employee - Fedex International Customer Support in Texarkana, TX

I worked at Harte Hanks full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best reason to work at Harte Hanks is because it's a job and the people that go through what you go through there. You can relate.

Cons

The supervision sucks and they only enforce the rules and only certain rules when it comes to favoritism. I was a lead on the floor doing great and upholding the company standards knowing and performing my job well when I was replaced for someone who could supply the person above my supervisor will pills to get high on. I thought it was a work place but for some it's just a cover up.

It may be about who you know but what does it benefit to know someone if they are hurting your company more than helping it.

Working here was much like a prison sentence.

Former Employee - Tech Support Representative  in  Shawnee, KS
    Former Employee - Tech Support Representative in Shawnee, KS

I worked at Harte Hanks full-time for less than a year

Pros

I met some funny people. I learned a lot about the world of ebooks and technical info with mobile devices.

Cons

I was verbally abused on a regular basis. My lead seemed not to care if she offended people. The halls, walls, employee "cafe" reminded me of a prison. Many of the managers began their talks with, "well, know this isn't the best place to work, but.......". My ideas for improvement were never taken seriously. Everything had been outsourced except bathroom breaks. Some random person in the Philippines made my work schedule which would shift every week, when I called the HR department to get a copy of my W-2, I talked with an agent in New York (I was in Kansas). I was informed that an on site HR department did not exist. What if I was harassed while on the job? Would I call New York to submit a complaint? Absurd. Our humanity was deleted, replaced with numbers and although I was always in the top 5 best-performing agents, I was paid only enough to barely feed myself and my daughter. On the day before I quit, I took a lifechanging phone call and used the proper personal time phone mode. When I returned 10 minutes later to my desk, my lead screamed at me which was very unprofessional and hurtful to me.. Actually she screamed at lots of people and lots of people screamed back. The lack of respect for people was shocking. I have vowed to never let myself become a victim of such an exploitive, extractive and de-humanizing corporation again. Don't work there.

Respect people. Listen. Create a feedback survey so that you can understand the damage you are doing to people. Hire managers who don't scream at employees. Stop the outsourcing madness. It sucks on so many levels. The customers hate it too. Everyone hates except the spineless people at the top. Get some decency, get real.

There are newer employer reviews for Harte Hanks

Worked for Harte Hanks? Contribute to the Community!