Mis-represented job position

Current Employee - Account Coordinator
Current Employee - Account Coordinator

I have been working at Harte Hanks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Award winning marketing agency
Good reputation

Cons

Lied to during interview about job responsibilities. As a marketing person I am doing finance work which was not communicated to me during my interview.

Advice to Management

Have employees do the job they were told they would be doing

reviews filtered by

Poor Supervision

Former Employee - Fedex International Customer Support in Texarkana, TX
    Former Employee - Fedex International Customer Support in Texarkana, TX

I worked at Harte Hanks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best reason to work at Harte Hanks is because it's a job and the people that go through what you go through there. You can relate.

Cons

The supervision sucks and they only enforce the rules and only certain rules when it comes to favoritism. I was a lead on the floor doing great and upholding the company standards knowing and performing my job well when I was replaced for someone who could supply the person above my supervisor will pills to get high on. I thought it was a work place but for some it's just a cover up.

Advice to Management

It may be about who you know but what does it benefit to know someone if they are hurting your company more than helping it.

Working here was much like a prison sentence.

Former Employee - Tech Support Representative in Shawnee, KS
    Former Employee - Tech Support Representative in Shawnee, KS

I worked at Harte Hanks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I met some funny people. I learned a lot about the world of ebooks and technical info with mobile devices.

Cons

I was verbally abused on a regular basis. My lead seemed not to care if she offended people. The halls, walls, employee "cafe" reminded me of a prison. Many of the managers began their talks with, "well, know this isn't the best place to work, but.......". My ideas for improvement were never taken seriously. Everything had been outsourced except bathroom breaks. Some random person in the Philippines made my work schedule which would shift every week, when I called the HR department to get a copy of my W-2, I talked with an agent in New York (I was in Kansas). I was informed that an on site HR department did not exist. What if I was harassed while on the job? Would I call New York to submit a complaint? Absurd. Our humanity was deleted, replaced with numbers and although I was always in the top 5 best-performing agents, I was paid only enough to barely feed myself and my daughter. On the day before I quit, I took a lifechanging phone call and used the proper personal time phone mode. When I returned 10 minutes later to my desk, my lead screamed at me which was very unprofessional and hurtful to me.. Actually she screamed at lots of people and lots of people screamed back. The lack of respect for people was shocking. I have vowed to never let myself become a victim of such an exploitive, extractive and de-humanizing corporation again. Don't work there.

Advice to Management

Respect people. Listen. Create a feedback survey so that you can understand the damage you are doing to people. Hire managers who don't scream at employees. Stop the outsourcing madness. It sucks on so many levels. The customers hate it too. Everyone hates except the spineless people at the top. Get some decency, get real.