Harte Hanks

There are newer employer reviews for Harte Hanks

Great place to grow

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Yardley, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Yardley, PA

I have been working at Harte Hanks full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The expectation is excellence, and when you achieve it with the great people around yhou here, the feeling is amazing.

Cons

The management team if the 2000s left the company pretty much gutted of senior management talent and under-invested in improving our capabilities. That is all changing now.

Listen to your mid-level people much, much more. You don't know how some of your work even gets done.

214 Other Employee Reviews for Harte Hanks (View Most Recent)

Promote and let go of the wrong people.

Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Billerica, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Billerica, MA

I have been working at Harte Hanks full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Laid back environment. Good people.

Cons

They promote these kids right out of college that have literally no clue what they are doing, some have some computer language skills and that's about it - they have no client facing or personable skills... The wrong people get a "pat on the back". They let go of really smart folks which was a huge loss to the company (probably to save a buck) and no one has filled their jobs which leaves other jobs that feeds off of that job a mess... They hire people that have no place or meaning with the company... Everything is done backwards here.

You should consider getting to know your people and what they do, rather than taking peoples (or the politics) words for it. You've lost a lot of great people due to your ignorance and will continue to lose more.

Waaay too corporate

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Yardley, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Yardley, PA

I worked at Harte Hanks full-time

Pros

Face to face with clients and great co-workers.

Cons

The agency was ruined by the rest of the Hart Hanks business units. We were the most profitable part of the company, yet because the rest of the units were all floundering, we constantly had the threat of layoffs and downsizing. No raises, no bonuses, no nothing for years and years. Favoritism and politics ran rampant. You were not aloud to have an opinion that differed from corporate, no matter how smart and innovative you were. HH also had tons of B & C clients and almost no A clients. Reason? The corporate office was not smart enough to let the leaders of the agency run it. Constant interference from them. Even the agency name was awful. The Agency Inside Harte-Hanks. Really?

They are way to top heavy in all areas. For years we stated that we needed more people to actually do the work, not manage, and it only got worse, than the economy floundered and they had to get rid of tons of people. Since I've been gone, they have had another 3 layoffs. And some of the layoffs afterwards have been terrible, these are some of the most talented people I know. All political BS.

Not much advice I can give, because the current batch of managers have some sort of twisted agenda. I personally know of 8 people let-go over the past two months and every one of them is EXCELLENT. Not enough brown-nosing from them I guess. These are peoples livelihoods, has some actual compassion.

There are newer employer reviews for Harte Hanks