Harte Hanks

There are newer employer reviews for Harte Hanks

Horrible

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Harte Hanks full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Excellent Health Insurance. Compensation is decent enough while you look for another job.

Cons

Very unprofessional, high school like working environment. Managers showing favoritism, fraternizing including dating direct reports and then retaliating against them when the relationship sours. HR couldn't care less.

Pay attention to what managers are doing. You are losing good employees because of bad managers.

243 Other Employee Reviews for Harte Hanks (View Most Recent)

This company allowed me growth and success. It was an amazing place to work

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Santa Ana, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at Harte Hanks full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The people, the product and growth opportunity

Cons

No real advancement opportunities for sales people.

More mentoring, less paperwork

Waaay too corporate

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Yardley, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Yardley, PA

I worked at Harte Hanks full-time

Pros

Face to face with clients and great co-workers.

Cons

The agency was ruined by the rest of the Hart Hanks business units. We were the most profitable part of the company, yet because the rest of the units were all floundering, we constantly had the threat of layoffs and downsizing. No raises, no bonuses, no nothing for years and years. Favoritism and politics ran rampant. You were not aloud to have an opinion that differed from corporate, no matter how smart and innovative you were. HH also had tons of B & C clients and almost no A clients. Reason? The corporate office was not smart enough to let the leaders of the agency run it. Constant interference from them. Even the agency name was awful. The Agency Inside Harte-Hanks. Really?

They are way to top heavy in all areas. For years we stated that we needed more people to actually do the work, not manage, and it only got worse, than the economy floundered and they had to get rid of tons of people. Since I've been gone, they have had another 3 layoffs. And some of the layoffs afterwards have been terrible, these are some of the most talented people I know. All political BS.

Not much advice I can give, because the current batch of managers have some sort of twisted agenda. I personally know of 8 people let-go over the past two months and every one of them is EXCELLENT. Not enough brown-nosing from them I guess. These are peoples livelihoods, has some actual compassion.

There are newer employer reviews for Harte Hanks