Hartford Hospital

Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Hartford Hospital

Great place

I worked at Hartford Hospital

Pros

I liked my fellow co-workers

Cons

Management isn't the best to talk to

9 Other Employee Reviews for Hartford Hospital (View Most Recent)

Transition to Hartford Healthcare is very bumpy

Current Employee - Senior Distributed Programmer Analyst in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Senior Distributed Programmer Analyst in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Hartford Hospital full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

This was a reasonably good place to work and some good people are still working here but many are leaving.

Cons

Poor management, no clear sense of direction, IT systems are in complete disarray and new hires in this area lack management and it skills

Outsource Finance and IT departments, Complete the move to an EPIC integrated EHR and the system might have a chance to compete.

Painful overhaul with new management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

I worked at Hartford Hospital

Pros

My direct supervisor was a true mentor--helped me immensely to grow in my field. The benefits were quite good. Most of all, the majority of the clinicians were skilled and dedicated

Cons

The worst aspect was the top-heavy, tone-deaf senior management (hospital administrators who had little or no clinical background). There were Office Space-like meetings to indoctrinate staff in the new corporate philosophies--"the Seven Pillars of Excellence" or some such nonsense. There was a constant mantra that feedback was welcome, yet departmental meetings were chaperoned by administrative lackeys. What staff needed was more time with patients and tools to make documentation and communication easier--instead, we got key chains with the logo "you are the key to Hartford Hospital's success!"

Administrators should walk a couple miles in the shoes of clinicians (rather than spending lots of money on outside consultants and logos--neither of which seem to have been worth the investment). This is an institution rich in world-class health practitioners and mental health clinicians--LISTEN to them (and not via a minion/chaperone).

There are newer employer reviews for Hartford Hospital