Hartford Public Schools

www.hartfordschools.org
  www.hartfordschools.org
There are newer employer reviews for Hartford Public Schools

I have great memories concerning children realizing their own learning potential.

Former Employee - Substitute Teacher  in  Hartford, CT
Former Employee - Substitute Teacher in Hartford, CT

I worked at Hartford Public Schools as a contractor for more than 10 years

Pros

I am an excellent teacher and therefore I enjoy teaching and I love working with children, especially those eager to learn. I am excited about the new technologies used in the schools.

Cons

Students often expect a "play day" when they have a substitute teacher.

Video cameras in the classroom would protect both students and staff. This would have protected me, one who loves to teach and entertain, from the accusation of a cruel student and classmates who will probably convince other good substitute teachers who are intent on giving classwork and not a "party/ free-for all" that it is not worth it to stay within the system. Or they will just baby sit and collect a check.

7 Other Employee Reviews for Hartford Public Schools (View Most Recent)

Difficult environment politically

I have been working at Hartford Public Schools as a contractor

Pros

Many of Hartford's children are receiving a wonderful education and will be able to go on to college and careers. There are a lot of wonderful teachers in Hartford.

Cons

There is very little top-down support from management. They are always reacting to situations instead of working to proactively address the needs of the employees or the families that utilize their services. There is also a lot of "not me" and finger pointing that goes on at all levels. The environment does not encourage cooperation at all. It is "every man for himself," without the possibility of collaboration.

The system would work much more effectively if the organization took a more team-oriented approach to problem-solving. Instead of an environment of blame, a culture of creativity would allow HPS to inspire, attract and retain high-quality, creative, intelligent employees.

Great

Former Employee - Office Assistant  in  Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Office Assistant in Hartford, CT

I worked at Hartford Public Schools part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Opportunity for different races

Cons

None That i can think of

great school

There are newer employer reviews for Hartford Public Schools

Worked for Hartford Public Schools? Contribute to the Community!