Harvard University
www.harvard.edu Cambridge, MA 5000+ Employees

A rich and varied place to work, if life hadn't taken me elsewhere I would still be working here.

Assistant Director (Former Employee)
Cambridge, MA

ProsThe benefits are excellent, from health care choices to the access to the amazing intellectual and cultural resources. Coworkers tend to be brilliant, often underemployed, and the standards are very high. Work/life balance is a priority in most units.

ConsAt an organization that has been around for almost 400 years, inertia can be a problem. It often feels like great ideas take ages to be implemented. The decentralized nature of the place makes it hard to get things done.

Greed, incompetence, and socially dysfunctional describe the management at Media Technology Service

Harvard Media Technology Services, Audio and Visual Technician (Former Employee)

I worked at Harvard University part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: A lot of down time! If you like being able to do what ever you want while getting paid then this is the job for… Cons: Not only is the management the most socially awkward and mean spirited people i have ever had the misfortune of working with, but these people… Advice to Senior Management: Start treating employees like people, instead of objects you can… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great opportunity

Research Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Harvard University full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: As an RA at HBS I worked with incredible faculty as well as leaders in organizations around the world. I traveled to various countries to… Cons: My experience was unusual - most RA's never or rarely travel.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Harvard University.

Worked for Harvard University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Harvard University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Harvard University CEO Drew Gilpin Faust. All reviews posted anonymously by Harvard University employees.