Harvard University
www.harvard.edu Cambridge, MA 5000+ Employees

Amazing people, very bureaucratic

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people in my office were wonderful. There was mutual respect and everyone was helpful, I never experienced people with hidden agendas or passive aggressive behavior.

ConsOccasionally there are inefficiencies or hoops to jump through to get to a certain point (i.e. all the paperwork and meetings to apply for something basic like a raise or title change)

Excellent research experience

Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Current Employee)

I have been working at Harvard University full-time for more than a year

Pros: Highly driven environment, learn from and interact act with leaders… Cons: Less focus on work/life balance, personal and professional development and mentoring. Postdoc salaries not great,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Top-heavy trickle-down

Research Assistant (Former Employee)
    Cambridge, MA

I worked at Harvard University full-time for more than a year

Pros: Amazing benefits and endless educational opportunities (if you make the… Cons: Nealy impossible to move laterally within organization, which is structured for the benefit of high-status faculty and administration. Salaries… Advice to Senior Management: For non-exempt employees, whose annual salary increases are determined by union agreements with… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Harvard University.

Worked for Harvard University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Harvard University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Harvard University CEO Drew Gilpin Faust. All reviews posted anonymously by Harvard University employees.