There are newer employer reviews for Harvard University

Product Manager

Former Employee - Product Manager in Cambridge, MA
Former Employee - Product Manager in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Harvard University

Pros

The ability to do a variety of tasks as well as work with some interesting projects and exposure to new technology.

Cons

Hard to say, people were very nice , friendly, helpful,etc. Probably the politics and the changes in senior management made people a little scared.

Overall it was a great experience, with the mergers and downsizing that is currently occurring be as open and honest as possible

reviews filtered by
  1. You get what you put into it

Current Employee - Graduate Student in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Graduate Student in Boston, MA

I have been working at Harvard University

Pros

There are an incredible number of opportunities for post-graduate careers that I've been able to explore in large part due to Harvard's and Boston's position as leaders in the healthcare/biotech fields.

Cons

Living in Boston on a grad student stipend is do-able, but not exactly comfortable

You can choose to work in lab all the time and no one will stop you - you have to take the initiative to go out and find other opportunities

Here's my feedback: give us some feedback. This is not a management issue exactly; it's more that the status quo for research labs (at least mine) is not exactly feedback heavy, and I wish it was.

2. Fantastic place to work and do research - though it may depend slightly on what you are with.

Former Employee - Research Assistant II in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Research Assistant II in Boston, MA

I worked at Harvard University

Pros

Weekly happy hours!; very collegial atmosphere; specifically, my PI was a wonderful, caring, and reasonable person to work for and I was very satisfied with the way I was treated.

Cons

It is worth noting that one's working experience at HMS may be influenced by the PI you specifically work for. I consider myself very fortunate with the PI I worked with, though I did occasionally hear from others some dissatisfaction with theirs.

None.