Harvard University

www.harvard.edu

Excellence at work

Director (Current Employee) Cambridge, MA

ProsHarvard is a world class institution with smart people, abundant resources and outstanding opportunities for personal and professional growth. The culture within my own academic setting is diverse and respectful of divergent views. Benefits are excellent and life/work balance is taken seriously.

ConsThe university is very decentralized; traditionally organized as 'every tub on its bottom'. It can be tough to navigate the landscape but there is encouragement for greater cooperation across units.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work! As a relative newcomer I am impressed with president Faust's messages encouraging collaboration and innovation across the university.

Harvard = Excellence (but keep it to yourself)

Program Coordinator (Current Employee) Boston, MA

I have been working at Harvard University

Pros: Harvard faculty are the movers and shakers of the academic world; Harvard staff are smart and well-intentioned people who are hard-working, detail-oriented and precise. … Cons: If you are not on the faculty, you are not integral to the core mission of the university (research and education). You have to… Advice to Senior Management: Don't hesitate to seize the opportunities offered by the opening of the Allston campus. Make sure that Drew Gilpin Faust can forge a bond of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great career stepping stone but you'll have to work hard

Graduate Student (Current Employee) Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Harvard University

Pros: The name opens all kinds of opportunities once you look for a job. It helps with your next salary also. Having Harvard on… Cons: It is very competitive and graduate students get very little respect. Professors don't have much respect for a student's time -- they will call… Advice to Senior Management: Treat graduate students with some respect. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Harvard University.

Worked for Harvard University? Contribute to the Community!