Harvey Nash Group

www.harveynash.com
There are newer employer reviews for Harvey Nash Group

Project manager at major bank handling marketing data integration.

Current Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Harvey Nash Group

Pros

Freedom to do your work

Cons

No subject matter knowledge sharing or support

Put up an internal web site - let people share ideas

22 Other Employee Reviews for Harvey Nash Group (View Most Recent)

One of the best companies I've worked for

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Harvey Nash Group full-time

Pros

When I read the negative reviews about Harvey Nash, I felt compelled to share my experience on here as the poor experiences of a few shouldn't outweigh the vast majority of positives that exist within the company. During my time there, I learnt SO much and now having moved on I can confirm it's rare to come across great places to work like this. I miss the work environment and the people (well, most of them). I mean, who says this stuff? There are some clear reasons why HN should be seriously considered for anyone pursuing a career in recruitment... strong training programme, balanced community of trainees, mid-level, managerial and directors - to name a few! There are opportunities to progress and be given more responsibility if you prove yourself.. and yes, that means working hard. I really dislike people who expect reward when they don't work for it. The Directors here will recognise real achievements and unlike other recruitment businesses out there, the things that HN achieve considering their size are outstanding. OK, we could do better in getting industry recognition but our clients know us well and they know best. So here's an outline of other things which I think make HN awesome:
    - Mentoring programme
    - Thorough and challenging recruitment process (this can mean 4/5 stages but that didn't put me off)
    - Good leadership from the Directors
    - Diverse teams and lots of crazy personalities to get along with
    - Interesting work, keeps you busy and gets you thinking outside of the box.. not just banging the phones
    - Pension and company shares scheme is strong compared to competitors

Cons

So you're probably wondering why I left ... definitely my own personal reasons and nothing to do with the company itself but here are some areas they can look to improve:
    - keep salaries competitive
    - lose the favouritism (which exists in a few teams)
    - some of your leaders need more training so they can effectively (and with some patience too) draw out potential in others
    - hiring managers need to pay more attention to best practice and be consistent in their recruitment process
    - ensure opportunities for progression can be given if you want to continue hiring great sales people

I know you listen - so please don't lose the openness and transparency that exists within the business, but sometimes things need to move a little faster and quicker. You also need to ensure your communication filters down to the WHOLE of the business, and make sure those in management are held accountable for their leadership capabilities (or lack of). Those in positions of power can effectively pass the buck to those doing the 'leg work' or blame the market for poor performance. How about some accountability?

I worked at Harvey Nash full-time (more than 2 years)

I have been working at Harvey Nash Group

Pros

It was a very comfortable environment. In every department that I worked in, there were no absurd hours or people yelling at you. It was pretty relaxed and had an old school business atmosphere

Cons

t didn't really feel as though the company was pushing into new territory or expanding, but rather trotting along and sticking to old clients and old methods. It was a very "punch-the-clock" type environment and took a lot of effort to generate interest in improving existing systems and processes.

Distance yourself from bureaucracy.

There are newer employer reviews for Harvey Nash Group