There are newer employer reviews for Harvey Nash Group

Project manager at major bank handling marketing data integration.

Current Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Harvey Nash Group

Pros

Freedom to do your work

Cons

No subject matter knowledge sharing or support

Advice to Management

Put up an internal web site - let people share ideas

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Truly Rewarding Experience

Former Employee - Consultant in Leeds, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Consultant in Leeds, England (UK)

I worked at Harvey Nash Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My time at Harvey Nash, although somewhat short-lived, was incredibly valuable. Joining as a graduate I was able to learn and absorb a huge amount of knowledge from a group of people who are all genuinely intelligent, aspirational, and honest. It was refreshing (after being warned that all recruitment companies encourage dishonest and deceitful behaviour) to witness consultants and managers constantly striving to do the right thing by their candidates and clients alike. Being part of Harvey Nash was being part of something unique and genuinely valuable, the relationships and partnerships they build with clients is unparalleled and you are made to feel as though you are providing a high quality service.

I found that all managers and directors constantly seek to give you opportunity after opportunity, introducing you to new people, giving you the autonomy to design and run events, and letting your role within the business be shaped by what you want to achieve within your career.

Your superiors and peers are always happy for you when you do well, and support you when you don't! That being said there are always exceptions to the rule, and not everyone follows this ethos but if people are seen to be acting unfairly or not giving support, this is soon addressed.

The senior management team are an impressively humble yet talented group of individuals, who have grown through the business and seem genuinely happy with where Harvey Nash has taken their career. This is incredibly motivating for junior people joining the company, and there are no hierarchical boundaries in place whereby you feel you cannot approach people. Even the CEO sends around emails to all consultants on a regular basis!

To conclude - Harvey Nash is a business that supports, values and motivates staff, and truly tries to be the best within their field.

Cons

I was sad to leave, but recruitment was just not where I saw my career taking me. It is a difficult industry, and one that requires a great deal of resilience. That being said, if recruitment is for you then Harvey Nash is where you need to be!

Advice to Management

My piece of advice would be to enforce a more rigorous training process when junior consultants join. Trainees often learn on the job and pick up important processes from their colleagues and mentors. There is brilliant training available but sporadically, and often I found I would get myself into bad habits that are so much harder to get out of. If you properly train individuals when they have no prior knowledge of how to recruit, then you will give them an excellent start to their career.

2. Business Analyst

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)

I have been working at Harvey Nash Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Environment, high benefit, salary is accepatable

Cons

Too many projects like a small company under big cooperation. Sometimes you are in a tough project with dead end and cross functional.

Advice to Management

Understand the function and role of each member clearly