Harvey Nichols

www.harveynichols.com

It is a great department store to work in

Pros

Nice customers, highly selected and friendly colleagues, fashionable and luxury environment, staff discount, various incentives

Cons

Part-time staff are not really treated equally as full-time (as they forget to update with information, mainly all incentives are won by full-timers), be careful with HR department as only some staff are friendly and pass the information. I called to ask about the status of my application and the lady told I didn't get the job (after checking). Next day the called me and said I got the job. It shows lack of coordination.

Treat all staff equally, especially the new ones, provide better guidance and training at the beginning.

Other reviews for Harvey Nichols

Corporate Bartending

Former Employee - Bartender  in  Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - Bartender in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Pros

Great staff discount, fantastic reputation, great people

Cons

Conforming to the expectations that were placed on the shop floor staff is unusual as a bartender

Separate the departments more to provide more flexibility for the bartenders

it was a tough time as some senior managers there we hard to work with and didnt have experience in retail management.

Former Employee - Sales Manager  in  Dundrum, Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Dundrum, Dublin (Ireland)

Pros

the people who work there are the best at customer service and always went above and beyond to help customers

Cons

store was badly managed and communication was poor-team morale was very low.the store was in turmoil there when i joined and i had a human resources manager telling me how to do my job.she had never worked in retail before whereas i have been in retail management for almost 20 years.found this very challenging.

care about your employees and listen to those that have the experience and understand retail-and improve communication---remember without sales advisors you wouldnt be in business

There are newer employer reviews for Harvey Nichols.

Worked for Harvey Nichols? Contribute to the Community!