There are newer employer reviews for Hasbro

An outstanding, and holistic perspective of the toy and copywriting industry

Former Intern - Brand Writing Intern in Providence, RI
Former Intern - Brand Writing Intern in Providence, RI

I worked at Hasbro as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Exciting industry, room for creativity, always a fun project going on

Cons

Slow day to day responsibilities, needed to be pro active in order to stay busy

Other Employee Reviews for Hasbro

Bias Management

Former Employee - Product Designer in Pawtucket, RI
    Former Employee - Product Designer in Pawtucket, RI

I worked at Hasbro full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great hours, great benefits, competitive salary, fun products to deal with and work around. Product discounts at the company store and online. Fun parties and events. Moderate opportunity for advancement if you get in the right job and prove yourself with the right people. Friendly co-workers and a beautiful building.

Cons

Good ole boy system in my department and an attitude of superiority that is just over done. Lot's of bad blood from years of acquisitions and layoffs. Not a great deal of loyalty. Only the top people make decisions on anything (and on everything). Employees who do the work have little to no value on projects they take on in management's eyes. Unless you are a VP you will feel like you have no say in anything including the color of a product you might be working on.

Advice to Management

Move the spotlight around and listen to your people. Get rid of certain managers who are unable to perform due to bias and jerk store syndrome. Stop pretending to know everything on the detailed level and stick to the big picture. Let the intelligent and talented people you hired give you their expert opinion and assume they might be right because when you change something it really destroys a lot of hard work and usually makes no sense.

At Hasbro you become an expert at many things and a specialist at nothing. No clear career path.

Current Employee - Art Director in Pawtucket, RI
    Current Employee - Art Director in Pawtucket, RI

I have been working at Hasbro full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are many areas for a creative to move and all, are very interesting as interns and entry level you get LOTS of responsibility which is great.

Cons

There are many areas for a creative to move unfortunately it is laterally but I must say I loved my job and I never bored. Just wish the career path was there HR really doesn't help nor managers. They are ineffective because their hands are tied.Creative hit a glass ceiling at art director.

Advice to Management

Work on career paths for creatives and mentoring from managers, It seems at Hasbro everybody is reinventing the wheel. Very inefficient I think that is why people of worth get frustrated and leave. To bad the people / workers are great!