Hassett Express

Descent

Former Employee - Dock Worker in Elk Grove Village, IL
Former Employee - Dock Worker in Elk Grove Village, IL

I worked at Hassett Express

Pros

Hassett Air Express is a good place to work if your looking for some cash. The people there are nice and management isn't to bad either. You get the feeling of a family company.

Cons

Physical labor is the biggest downside, but it comes with the job. The work is the same over and over and you will be lifting things quite often.

Not to much here. Some shifts in the company could be beneficial but for the most part very nice people.

11 Other Employee Reviews for Hassett Express (View Most Recent)

Great opportunities ahead

I have been working at Hassett Express full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have found the work to be challenging and the management team to be supportive. Offering new ideas and suggestions is welcome and the environment is comfortable. The employees here are genuine and helpful with any questions I had about the company or industry. Coming from an outside industry, others have answered my questions without hesitation. I am always surprised at the number of employees with so much tenure! Many people have been with the company for over 20 years!

Cons

Always be on time! By working for a transportation and delivery company, employee timeliness is of the upmost importance here.

With new ownership the company is looking to future development. Management should continue to listen to employees and respond to issues. Some employees are reluctant to make changes, but the future is looking bright.

Deceptive Work Practices

Former Employee - Class A Driver in Bridgeport, NJ
    Former Employee - Class A Driver in Bridgeport, NJ

I worked at Hassett Express full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Local management very smart, honest. Tries to accommodate needs of employees while doing the best for the company and the customers. Everyone rallies around.

Cons

Local and corporate executives deceptive in what they offer new employees. Stubborn, rude, unprofessional, spiteful. You are asked to go above and beyond, but they do not want to pay you for it and get angry when you ask. You are treated no better than the servants. NO raises, next to nothing in the way of bonuses.

If you are going to hire drivers below the going rate, and you have no plans to give them raises, you should tell them this in the interview, instead of leading them on about growth, raises, and bonuses.

Hassett Express Response

Oct 27, 2014HR Manager

Our local management teams continue to work hard to maintain schedules and flexibility for our employees. Mutual respect and honesty are foundations of our corporate culture and any issues brought to ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Hassett Express