There are newer employer reviews for Hastings Entertainment

who wants this-stress and heartaches

Current Employee - Backroom in Lubbock, TX
Current Employee - Backroom in Lubbock, TX

I have been working at Hastings Entertainment

Pros

customers-some other employees employee discount getting off work

Cons

task driven to non success people are not important any longer no raises no job security turnover is unbelievably high

Advice to Management

listen to your people stop letting corporate run stores and have faith in managers share the wealth add incentives to jobs since no raises in the works stop these failed operational issues and train people right

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Ok at first, but after the novelty wore off, not so much.

Former Employee - Guest Service Manager in Jonesboro, AR
    Former Employee - Guest Service Manager in Jonesboro, AR

I worked at Hastings Entertainment

Pros

-Very friendly coworkers -Decent discount -Easy to get an initial promotion -Extremely simple work

Cons

-Trained to treat customers as distractions -Hourly pay not what it should be for Key Holder/Shift Manager -Despite simple work, far too many tasks are assigned at once -Lots of training modules to make well informed workers, except time is never given to take them. (management won't pay you to take them, and you can't access them off the clock) -Very little sense of a job well done at the end of a shift.

Advice to Management

Many (if not all) of the problems with the store I worked at could have been solved by making use of the training modules provided by corporate and having more people in store at once to help customers and prevent shrink.

2. I can't believe they cut workforce so much as to continually deny me a 5 min. break after 6 hours!

Current Employee - Cashier & Customer Service in Mountain Home, AR
    Current Employee - Cashier & Customer Service in Mountain Home, AR

I have been working at Hastings Entertainment

Pros

Availability of company health insurance plan after 90 days.

Cons

Management pay is so low that they have cruel folks in management that are allowed to continue because it saves the company a few bucks in payroll!

Advice to Management

Stop trumpeting that most cruel fiction that oh, yes, our sales are down, but the way we are going to turn that around is by letting our happiness be more evident...it will rub off on john q. customer and they will want to spend more time in our store and thus part with more cash... Your suggestive selling is so horrible to push us flunkies to push a product that is over priced. That is...a coke that is no more than a dollar in a machine is a mere $ 1.69 at Hastings !