Hastings Entertainment

www.gohastings.com

Draining

Store Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGreat discount, overall store environment was fun, ability to interact with customers and get to know them, great store associates who worked hard.

ConsWay too many "new hires" brought in from outside the company to be upper-management who don't understand how things work on the store level. Corporate office is so far removed that they set unrealistic expectations without knowing the day to challenges that the stores face. Using a computer program to tell stores where to schedule employees instead of making sure the departments are covered which in turn make sure that customers are able to be helped and projects are able to completed.

Advice to Senior ManagementDuring your "back to the field" days, actually visit the stores that are struggling instead of going to your top stores and do that store manages job for a day. Stop trying to fit 140 stores into a cookie cutter mold when only about 10% of them can actually fit it.

A constant struggle for hours.

Book Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hastings Entertainment

Pros: Good Discount, especially on books My Book's Manager Location Regular Customers Product Some Co-Workers Flexible hours… Cons: Horrible Hours: I was hired on before seasonal help and now I am being told that work goes to seniority, especially since I was hired… Advice to Senior Management: Give your Senior Management enough hours for the size of the store! How are you supposed to make money with a store if the store… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

First good then the decline

Store Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Hastings Entertainment

Pros: Store staff and product and friendships made along the way... Cons: Was working more than the required 44 hours per week and getting paid for 40. No time or concern from the 5 District managers in… Advice to Senior Management: Cut the wage freeze, help those that work for you and support you HELP YOU! Just a thank… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Hastings Entertainment.

Worked for Hastings Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!