Hastings Entertainment
www.gohastings.com Amarillo, TX 5000+ Employees

Fun place to work, hard place to pay your bills via

Customer Service Associate (Former Employee)
Moscow, ID

I worked at Hastings Entertainment part-time for more than 3 years

ProsHastings has a fun environment, a decent discount and will almost certainly have -something- in the store which the employees can get excited about, making for a better customer time.

ConsThe pay was subpar and the store is run almost exclusively on part-time labor. The only people who got full-time were supervisors and management. The rest of the employees hours are erratic, both in number and placement.

Good people, bad company

Inventory Control Manager (Former Employee)
Jefferson City, MO

I worked at Hastings Entertainment full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Good discount, a lot of flexibility with schedule if you… Cons: After 10 years with the company I learned that it is all about your store manager. If you have a good manager, they do… Advice to Senior Management: Make smarter decisions, pay your people, and don't blame the little guys for the big… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Unrewarding

Customer Service Manager (Former Employee)
Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Hastings Entertainment full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Flexible with schedule for school. Fun overall atmosphere with… Cons: Wage freeze 3 years, non-noncompetitive pay, no employee recognition. Hard to move up in the organization. Unfulfilled promises in compensation. Corporate office lives in… Advice to Senior Management: Re-think your hiring and promotion criteria. Store and district level… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Hastings Entertainment.

Worked for Hastings Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hastings Entertainment reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hastings Entertainment CEO John H. Marmaduke. All reviews posted anonymously by Hastings Entertainment employees.