Hastings Entertainment
www.gohastings.com Amarillo, TX 5000+ Employees

The people are great but...

Customer Service Manager (Current Employee)

ProsIt is one of those jobs where if you did not love what you were doing it would be an absolute waste of time. A majority of the time I worked for Hastings I loved coming to work and hanging out with the people who worked there as well. The job was not designed to be a difficult one although due to the graces of our corporate overlords they decided to make it so. I suppose to answer the question correctly though I would have to say the best reasons to work there are for the people you meet in doing so.

ConsThe corporate management is ridiculous.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow your stores a bit more freedom. We are the ones that actually know what is going on, not you guys in the big office buildings.

Can be good for students.

Guest Service Associate (Former Employee)
    Amarillo, TX

I worked at Hastings Entertainment

Pros: Flexible schedule, and their is a variation of work Cons: Corporate employees came in and would write people up for doing what they were supposed to. Employees are supposed to approach every customer within ten… Advice to Senior Management: Develop a philosophy and stick to it. Also, promote from within more...many of the guest service managers were very rude and even yelled… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Hastings

Guest Service Manager (Current Employee)
    Flagstaff, AZ

I have been working at Hastings Entertainment

Pros: The people you work with are usually very fun. … Cons: The corporation, like most don't seem to care who is working in their stores. There is no trust between employer and employee.… Advice to Senior Management: Appreciate the people who work in your stores. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Hastings Entertainment.

Worked for Hastings Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hastings Entertainment reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hastings Entertainment CEO John H. Marmaduke. All reviews posted anonymously by Hastings Entertainment employees.