There are newer employer reviews for Hastings Entertainment

Horrible!!!!

I have been working at Hastings Entertainment

Pros

The tips I got from working at the cafe…that was it!

Cons

The people! Your coworkers, your MANAGER!
They have a open door policy but its not really a open door policy as soon as you have a problem and you are being harassed. You will be pushed so far to be fired! they don't fired they just move you till you will quit! They disrespect their employers. Its horrible. The cafe is the worst place to work, you work 8 hours at a time because nobody including your manager would come in and would receive no thank yous or support! Only a write up for the first thing you do wrong. Beware "team leaders" have favorites!!!

Clearly you need to clear up the work staff in this place!

236 Other Employee Reviews for Hastings Entertainment (View Most Recent)

Terrible Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Hastings Entertainment part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good discount on some items, coworkers can be nice,

Cons

store is mostly run on part time employees, so of course no benefits, low hours
    hours are based on how much junk you can sell, not how hard you work.

Only the strong survive here

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Batesville, AR
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Batesville, AR

I have been working at Hastings Entertainment part-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Employees are generally easy-going and pleasant
    -Working can be fun at times
    -Great Store Manager
    - Flexible schedule, great for school
    - We get great discounts on some stuff
    - One can move up in Hastings, if they are willing to become a store manager. Otherwise, you have to wait until a department manager quits. I don't know about other stores, but our dept. managers have been there for 5+ years.
    -Store are located in several different states so relocation is an option, but you are not guaranteed the position or rank from the original store.
    - The work is not hard, but it is time consuming. You have to manage stocking, shifting, assignments, and customers, which is tiring.

Cons

-Low store labor hours
    - Under staffed
    - New employees are horrible, which almost makes hiring not worth it.
    -Some of the employees are lazy, which makes the storage of hours worse.
    - Most customers are terrible. This may just be the area's location, though.
    - Known thieves are allowed in the store
    -Upper management micro-manages, can be demeaning, and does not always make good decisions.
    - The store is over stocked with crap that doesn't sell (nasty energy drinks, squirrel underwear, etc.). We still have stuff that has been sitting on the shelf for over a year, and we get sent more.
    - The salary does not compensate for the effort I put into my work and the customers. The only reason I still work here is because of my coworkers.
    -The amount of hours you get can be erratic. Since starting, I have gotten between 3 and 35 hours a week. It depends on the time of year and if there are new hires.

Promote people who work in the stores, and know how things work. Promote and give raises to employees. The good employees leave because the cons outweigh the pros, and they are not compensated for it.

There are newer employer reviews for Hastings Entertainment