Hastings Entertainment

Less than positive.

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Bozeman, MT
Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Bozeman, MT

I have been working at Hastings Entertainment

Pros

Excellent discount's,employees I work with are excellent...including our manager and associate managers...I am given time off when needed and have a very flexible schedule when I need it.

Cons

My "problem" is not w/the folks I work with or my manager...it"s with the upper level corporate management in Texas! They have a "Dark Ages"management style...the workers are never given raises while the CEO Marmaduke receives huge annual bonus's (this year was 40% higher than last year) and yet there is a wage freeze in place! His VP's and other high level managers are well taken care of while the workers get crumb's...the system is not in anyway concerned w/the employee's...after almost 5 years I have yet to see a raise or COLA! When spring/summer shows up hours are slashed and hard working associates are cut back on hours and benefits as well...I work w/folks who have over 7 years of time w/the company as dept. managers who get 9.50 or less per hour and get their hours cut...Hasting Ent. has little regard for the day in day out associates!

Value your employees and let go of some of your greedy way of thinking...you loose excellent employees every day due to your backward way of running this company!

240 Other Employee Reviews for Hastings Entertainment (View Most Recent)

Great during school, never after that

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Pleasant, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Pleasant, TX

I worked at Hastings Entertainment

Pros

Flexible hours, enjoyable atmosphere, stress free employment.

Great job to have while still in school, or to pick up extra hours, because you never will "take work home" as they say. Worked throughout high school and college and enjoyed it the environment very much.

Cons

little opportunity for upward mobility, hourly pay, hours not always avaliable.

This is no place to try and make a living. We constantly had twice as many employees as necessary, so no one was able to get anywhere near the amount of hours they would have liked.

Less workers, more hours

You'll hate your job.

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in San Angelo, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in San Angelo, TX

I have been working at Hastings Entertainment

Pros

Decent discount on items.
    Part time associates are fun to work with.
    Associates can get a free paperback book once a week.

Cons

Wages have been on a freeze for almost 3 years.
    Management does not back up associates when dealing with policy.
    Customers can basically complain all they want and get what they want from a manager.
    Scheduling can be between 15 hours a week, all the way to 35. Not good for a college student.
    Customers are never happy.
    Cashiers are always getting yelled at by customers.
    No real room for advancement.
    Management does nothing, while CSA's are doing all the work for very little pay.

Back up your associates.
    Actually do your job.
    Bad management is leading to associates not really caring about their job.

There are newer employer reviews for Hastings Entertainment