Hastings Entertainment

www.gohastings.com

Less than positive.

Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) Bozeman, MT

ProsExcellent discount's,employees I work with are excellent...including our manager and associate managers...I am given time off when needed and have a very flexible schedule when I need it.

ConsMy "problem" is not w/the folks I work with or my manager...it"s with the upper level corporate management in Texas! They have a "Dark Ages"management style...the workers are never given raises while the CEO Marmaduke receives huge annual bonus's (this year was 40% higher than last year) and yet there is a wage freeze in place! His VP's and other high level managers are well taken care of while the workers get crumb's...the system is not in anyway concerned w/the employee's...after almost 5 years I have yet to see a raise or COLA! When spring/summer shows up hours are slashed and hard working associates are cut back on hours and benefits as well...I work w/folks who have over 7 years of time w/the company as dept. managers who get 9.50 or less per hour and get their hours cut...Hasting Ent. has little regard for the day in day out associates!

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees and let go of some of your greedy way of thinking...you loose excellent employees every day due to your backward way of running this company!

Great during school, never after that

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Mount Pleasant, TX

I worked at Hastings Entertainment

Pros: Flexible hours, enjoyable atmosphere, stress free employment. Great job to have while still in school, or to pick up extra hours, because… Cons: little opportunity for upward mobility, hourly pay, hours not always avaliable. This is no place to try and make a living. We… Advice to Senior Management: Less workers, more hours More

You'll hate your job.

Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) San Angelo, TX

I have been working at Hastings Entertainment

Pros: Decent discount on items. Part time associates are fun to work… Cons: Wages have been on a freeze for almost 3 years. Management does not back up associates when dealing with policy. Customers can basically complain all they want… Advice to Senior Management: Back up your associates. Actually do your job. Bad management is leading… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Hastings Entertainment.

Worked for Hastings Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!