HauteLook

www.bit.ly
  www.bit.ly
There are newer employer reviews for HauteLook

Great place to start a career and develop with a growing company

I have been working at HauteLook

Pros

- Company has a very youthful, energetic vibe from management level all the way down through the staff level.
- There are numerous examples of people who have hired in at entry level and worked their way up the ranks and into new areas of the company.
- Co-workers are very hardworking and committed to doing a quality job. People are also a lot of fun to socialize with.
- Senior management has high but realistic expectations.
- Acquisition by Nordstrom provided additional financial stability and opportunities for the company, but it still maintains a fun start-up atmosphere.
- Employees believe in the products/services we sell and always stay focused on improving our customer experience.

Cons

- The start-up environment could be challenging to individuals who require clearly defined standards and expectations to be successful. People who are most successful here are very adaptable and thrive on change.
- As a growing company, most areas are probably still short staffed. Thus, relatively long hours are the reality for most management and professional employees.
- We should offer some type of employee discount on merchandise or offer sample sales for employees at certain times during the year.

42 Other Employee Reviews for HauteLook (View Most Recent)

I love working at HauteLook!

I have been working at HauteLook

Pros

Ample opportunities for employee development/advancement
    Upper management truly values employees
    Laid-back atmosphere
    Flexible work schedule
    Competitive salary
    Fun company lunches
    Stable company with job security

Cons

Not too big of a deal, but it would be nice if the company observed a few more holidays.

I started working at HauteLook in the company's first year, so I have seen it change and grow over the last few years. The company's leadership has done an excellent job of managing this change so that the company continues to be a great place to work.

A fast-moving company...with little opportunity for advancement.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at HauteLook

Pros

-Occasional catered lunches
    -Despite little paid vacation time, most departments are flexible about unpaid time off when necessary
    -Lots of company growth makes for a stable work environment compared to other start-ups

Cons

-Most salaries are below market value
    -Little opportunity for upward mobility
    -Only two weeks of paid vacation (three after 3 years), and few paid holidays
    -No employee discount, just free shipping (but only on select items)
    -The internal promotion process is questionable at best, straight-up nepotism at worst
    -Employee initiative and innovation are neither encouraged nor rewarded; it's nearly impossible implement new projects or changes below a management level

Replace the cupcakes and catered lunches with base wages that are reflective of market value, and create incentives that are geared toward building employee engagement and retention.

There are newer employer reviews for HauteLook