HauteLook

www.bit.ly
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for HauteLook

They internalize top level consultants to save money then throw them away when the job is done

Current Employee - IT Staff in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - IT Staff in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at HauteLook

Pros

Exciting, fast growing company with a lot of fun, energetic young people. Lots of opportunity for advancement. Central downtown location.

Cons

HR is heartless. Think Catbert the Evil Director of HR from Dilbert. Not really funny. They hire the best and the brightest to solve really tough problems, don't listen to them, then when the job is finally done, they lay them off and try to make it seem like their fault. Watch out!

Start caring about your people and the bottom line will improve not the other way around. Read some management books: People are your greatest asset,

46 Other Employee Reviews for HauteLook (View Most Recent)

Great place to start a career and develop with a growing company

I have been working at HauteLook

Pros

- Company has a very youthful, energetic vibe from management level all the way down through the staff level.
    - There are numerous examples of people who have hired in at entry level and worked their way up the ranks and into new areas of the company.
    - Co-workers are very hardworking and committed to doing a quality job. People are also a lot of fun to socialize with.
    - Senior management has high but realistic expectations.
    - Acquisition by Nordstrom provided additional financial stability and opportunities for the company, but it still maintains a fun start-up atmosphere.
    - Employees believe in the products/services we sell and always stay focused on improving our customer experience.

Cons

- The start-up environment could be challenging to individuals who require clearly defined standards and expectations to be successful. People who are most successful here are very adaptable and thrive on change.
    - As a growing company, most areas are probably still short staffed. Thus, relatively long hours are the reality for most management and professional employees.
    - We should offer some type of employee discount on merchandise or offer sample sales for employees at certain times during the year.

I love working at HauteLook!

I have been working at HauteLook

Pros

Ample opportunities for employee development/advancement
    Upper management truly values employees
    Laid-back atmosphere
    Flexible work schedule
    Competitive salary
    Fun company lunches
    Stable company with job security

Cons

Not too big of a deal, but it would be nice if the company observed a few more holidays.

I started working at HauteLook in the company's first year, so I have seen it change and grow over the last few years. The company's leadership has done an excellent job of managing this change so that the company continues to be a great place to work.

There are newer employer reviews for HauteLook