HauteLook

www.bit.ly

Fast growing company yet no room to advance

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

- Occasional catered lunches.
- Fast growing company means stability in a tough job market.
- Pretty good insurance packages
- More organized than other companies I've worked at
- A starter job that gets your foot in the door of fashion.
- Not a lot of overtime is needed overall.

Cons

- Not much room for advancement. I'm not just speaking as a disgruntled former employee either, my team was close and honest with eachother about our concerns and we all wanted out.
- Nepotism runs rampant. People with less experience and skills will surpass you due to being hired by their friends. Honest hard work goes unrewarded.
- Pay is well below industry standards. I saw this as a fast growing startup with room for advancement so I overlooked it but they aren't a startup anymore and I like to think it's due to the hard work of people like me who had been there early helping the company take off. We all celebrated each round of investments we got with fake smiles, because employees don't see a dime of it outside of congratulatory cupcakes. We were bought by Nordstrom and still no change.
- High turnover rate. With the combination of low pay and no personal growth, people leave frequently. This also means that the company is mostly run by really young unaccomplished people.
- Vacation and sick time is not adequate.
- Work was boring and not fulfilling.

Do a company wide audit of salaries and actually measure them against industry standards. You'll see that you fall short.

Other reviews for HauteLook

Good place for experience, not career

Former Employee - Member Care Representative  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Member Care Representative in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Not micro managed, very relaxed work environment and staff works well together. Fun opportunities for earning credits and lunches and paid time off

Cons

Same work every day can get mundane, customers can be really rude and mean, normally a fast paced environment which can be stressful

They internalize top level consultants to save money then throw them away when the job is done

Current Employee - IT Staff  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - IT Staff in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Exciting, fast growing company with a lot of fun, energetic young people. Lots of opportunity for advancement. Central downtown location.

Cons

HR is heartless. Think Catbert the Evil Director of HR from Dilbert. Not really funny. They hire the best and the brightest to solve really tough problems, don't listen to them, then when the job is finally done, they lay them off and try to make it seem like their fault. Watch out!

Start caring about your people and the bottom line will improve not the other way around. Read some management books: People are your greatest asset,

There are newer employer reviews for HauteLook.

Worked for HauteLook? Contribute to the Community!