HauteLook

www.bit.ly
There are newer employer reviews for HauteLook

same thing everyday -all day

I worked at HauteLook full-time

Pros

Part of a big upcoming business in E-Commerce and Flash sales- Nordstrom Conmpany

Cons

no privacy to work on projects and concentrate

make changes as required

41 Other Employee Reviews for HauteLook (View Most Recent)

You can be sure many of those 5star reviews are HL sponsored and not a sincere attempt to describe the true culture

I worked at HauteLook

Pros

wish I could give 2 1/2 stars because its not the worst place to work. The people are generally nice. Straight 9-6 not a ton of overtime needed. Company has workplace outings and employee meetings which are a sincere attempt at creating a open, fun team oriented environment.

Cons

Company was bought by Nordstrom and there was a level of unspoken tension about the acquisition that made the work environment a bit oppressive when I was there. The pay is on the lower side and consequently there is a lot of less experienced employees running the place (probably because of the pay) which makes for a slightly juvenile workplace. There isn't a lot of experienced mentors for the younger employees.

The worst part in my opinion is they do not really value, attract or retain really talented people and the best talent systematically leaves, (one way or another.) I worked in the creative dept which is basically a production mill. My boss was s a competent manager but definitely towing the company line of mediocrity for the sake of a job. Really talented Photographers, Designers will not be happy here and will not last long. I noticed this in other departments as well as an unusually amount of respected employees announced they where moving on. Most of the people that I worked with have gone on to bigger and better things as well.

Bottom Line:
     the turnover track record speaks for itself. I've never worked a place where I've seen so many people voluntarily leave in such a short time. This is a starter job, stop gap or place to settle. Anyone with strong talent and ambition know what your getting yourself into

hire, listen to and pay for talent

Good company with some silly politics but good future

I have been working at HauteLook

Pros

Hautelook provides many opportunites to grow in an exciting industry that is constantly changing. The company is fun and enables employees to try a lot of different things.

Cons

The upper management is sometimes territorial. Some product managers have a very inflated sense of how important they are and talk endlessly in meetings to make themselves sound like they are contributing so much when all they do is email other people to tell them to do stuff.

There are newer employer reviews for HauteLook