There are newer employer reviews for Havas Worldwide

Amazing dedicated staff consistently exploited by arrogant senior managers

I have been working at Havas Worldwide

Pros

The people are almost universally fantastic - committed to the work and each other. I haven't worked with better people. The actual workers are funny, interesting and generous - they care and are willing to help. The stereotypical division between PM/AM/Creative/Tech doesn't really exist. All that really matters is creating the best possible work despite the time and budget constraints. If senior management was competent employee retention would be very high.

Cons

Senior management doesn't know or care to know what goes on day to day. Most staff work incredibly hard - very long days and weekends are the norm. (The previous review is way off - I can't think of anyone who leaves at 6 on a regular basis). Comp days are almost never granted regardless of total hours worked. Senior management focuses only on revenue and new business. Every staff meeting focuses only on business wins and/or revenue growth. If work is shared at staff meetings it is typically work from current new business pitches. Pitches take priority over all client work - resources are pulled regularly from scheduled client work to support pitch work. It's all about the money and consequently the staff is just a means to get more.

Advice to Management

Your success and revenue exist because of your staff. You have long-term clients because of your staff. Try to remember this when your bonus arrives.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Ready to move on

I have been working at Havas Worldwide

Pros

- Relaxed environment - Free breakfast on Mondays - Bring your dog to work

Cons

- Relatively low pay - No rhyme or reason as to why the same positions in different divisions have VASTLY different pay - Incompetent senior managers are allowed to linger forever

Advice to Management

I you allow senior managers to disrespect staff either through discrepancies in compensation or general bad behavior, don't be surprised at the mass exodus!

2. Management needs to pay attention to your teams doing the work

I have been working at Havas Worldwide

Pros

The people make this place and the creative that comes out of the shop

Cons

Over worked and under appreciated. Management barely interacts with the people doing the work and we are the ones that own the client relationship and have so much control.

Advice to Management

Take time to recognize the work being done and the people doing it vs focusing only on the numbers. With out the people doing the work we won't have the revenue.