There are newer employer reviews for Havertys

A place to work until I get something better.

I have been working at Havertys

Pros

The company has a very good reputation toward it's customers.

Cons

The payscale is deseigned to keep a person down. There are more ways to have your comission cut rather than to increase it. They spend way too much time concerned with how many customer emails we collect than the sales we close.

Sales people are the backbone of your company. Take their advice about customer issues such as delivery fees. Stop listening blindly to "marketing people" They have all kinds of crazy ideas they use to draw in customers however the fine print is always hidden and when someone thinks they are getting some kind of discount and they dont qualify it pisses them off. If someone balks about delivery or being just shy of dollar amount to qualify for a discount management says oh well you can shop somewhere else. I kid you not. Get the customer out of the market and take the sale! how blind can a company be?

68 Other Employee Reviews for Havertys (View Most Recent)

Overall good place to work...corporate could display a higher level of loyalty towards sales team

I have been working at Havertys

Pros

Customers are always respected and well cared for. The product is good quality for a good value making it easy to believe in and sell. Managers are generally knowledgeable, helpful and encouraging.

Cons

Headquarters seems to forget the value of a quality sales person a little more each year as they continue to find ways to decrease the commission plan every January.

Remember happy sales people make happy customers!

My experience with Havertys was overall depressing, non-supportive, and financially disabling.

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Havertys

Pros

I liked my co-workers who helped create a family atmosphere.

Cons

Long hours between customers. Micromanagement of sales people.

Change your advertising! It is sooooooo boring. Havertys should align themselves with a celebrity to advertise their products. People go into sales because they do not want a "desk job". The expectations of sales associates are such that the job has become tied to a desk and a computer screen.

There are newer employer reviews for Havertys

Worked for Havertys? Contribute to the Community!