Havertys
www.havertys.com Atlanta, GA 1000 to 5000 Employees

A place to work until I get something better.

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

ProsThe company has a very good reputation toward it's customers.

ConsThe payscale is deseigned to keep a person down. There are more ways to have your comission cut rather than to increase it. They spend way too much time concerned with how many customer emails we collect than the sales we close.

Advice to Senior ManagementSales people are the backbone of your company. Take their advice about customer issues such as delivery fees. Stop listening blindly to "marketing people" They have all kinds of crazy ideas they use to draw in customers however the fine print is always hidden and when someone thinks they are getting some kind of discount and they dont qualify it pisses them off. If someone balks about delivery or being just shy of dollar amount to qualify for a discount management says oh well you can shop somewhere else. I kid you not. Get the customer out of the market and take the sale! how blind can a company be?

Not too bad.

Porter/Delivery (Current Employee)

I have been working at Havertys

Pros: Great team at my location. Appreative workplace (At Location). My Location… Cons: Wear and tear on your body. Sometimes you feel like you are being jerked around. Company makes me feel under valued. Seem… Advice to Senior Management: Just simplify the whole shopping process for customers without adding work to everyone else. I know… More

My experience with Havertys was overall depressing, non-supportive, and financially disabling.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at Havertys

Pros: I liked my co-workers who helped create a family atmosphere. Cons: Long hours between customers. Micromanagement of sales people. Advice to Senior Management: Change your advertising! It is sooooooo boring. Havertys should align themselves with a celebrity to advertise their products. People go into sales… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Havertys.

Worked for Havertys? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Havertys reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Havertys CEO Clarence H. Smith. All reviews posted anonymously by Havertys employees.