Hawaii Pacific Health

www.hawaiipacifichealth.org
  www.hawaiipacifichealth.org
There are newer employer reviews for Hawaii Pacific Health

Fantastic company with supportive leadership

Former Employee - Human Resources  in  Honolulu, HI
Former Employee - Human Resources in Honolulu, HI

I worked at Hawaii Pacific Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I enjoyed working for HPH. The company invested in its staff and provided ample opportunity to learn and grow in your field to assure staff maintained current competencies. The pay is very competitive. It's hard work with long hours, but well worth it!

Cons

None. I would highly recommend this company (and I have to others!)

Continue to manage up staff-it's a tough job and alittle "that a boy" goes a long way.

11 Other Employee Reviews for Hawaii Pacific Health (View Most Recent)

Great company but needs to train and monitor its managers better.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Honolulu, HI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

I worked at Hawaii Pacific Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great mission! Filled with dedicated, passionate people who really care about their work. Good salaries and benefits help make the jobs even more rewarding.

Cons

Many managers seem more concerned about managing up than taking care of employees. The drive for meeting goals for bonuses often takes people off the right path. Some managers are terrible, but their higher ups only see the good. Speaking up is difficult without retaliation in some departments, even with the tools available.

Keep a closer eye on what managers are doing by checking in with line staff more often. If there is a pattern of problems in the department, it's probably the manager and not the staff. Gallup is not telling you what you need to know because staff are concerned about what will happen if they answer truthfully in some departments.

Great Place to Work

I worked at Hawaii Pacific Health

Pros

wonderful people, great cause, challenging days but also lots of assistance. I would have stayed there for awhile if it wasn't temporary.

Cons

Feels like a glass ceiling when it comes to advancement. They tell you how great and wonderful you are but don't support promoting you.

Talk to your employees more instead of sitting in your offices all day. There is a disconnect that can be easily remidied if you listen.

There are newer employer reviews for Hawaii Pacific Health

Worked for Hawaii Pacific Health? Contribute to the Community!