Hawaii Pacific Health

There are newer employer reviews for Hawaii Pacific Health

Great experience at HPH/Wilcox Memorial Hospital

Former Employee - Pharmacy Intern in Lihue, HI
Former Employee - Pharmacy Intern in Lihue, HI

I worked at Hawaii Pacific Health as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

I worked at the pharmacy at Wilcox and the staff is very friendly and easy to work with. It was easy to work with members of other departments, which made it easy to get things done to improve patient care and outcomes. Administrative workers were easy to get in touch with if there were problems with Epic or other systems in the hospital.

Cons

We experienced the normal amount of issues with communication between departments, but there is a constant effort to identify problems and work on creating procedures to resolve issues and prevent future conflicts from arising.

14 Other Employee Reviews for Hawaii Pacific Health (View Most Recent)

Fantastic company with supportive leadership

Former Employee - Human Resources in Honolulu, HI
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Honolulu, HI

I worked at Hawaii Pacific Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoyed working for HPH. The company invested in its staff and provided ample opportunity to learn and grow in your field to assure staff maintained current competencies. The pay is very competitive. It's hard work with long hours, but well worth it!

Cons

None. I would highly recommend this company (and I have to others!)

Continue to manage up staff-it's a tough job and alittle "that a boy" goes a long way.

Great company but needs to train and monitor its managers better.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

I worked at Hawaii Pacific Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great mission! Filled with dedicated, passionate people who really care about their work. Good salaries and benefits help make the jobs even more rewarding.

Cons

Many managers seem more concerned about managing up than taking care of employees. The drive for meeting goals for bonuses often takes people off the right path. Some managers are terrible, but their higher ups only see the good. Speaking up is difficult without retaliation in some departments, even with the tools available.

Keep a closer eye on what managers are doing by checking in with line staff more often. If there is a pattern of problems in the department, it's probably the manager and not the staff. Gallup is not telling you what you need to know because staff are concerned about what will happen if they answer truthfully in some departments.

There are newer employer reviews for Hawaii Pacific Health