Hawaiian Telcom

www.hawaiiantel.com

Sinking Ship, Different agendas

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Honolulu, HI

Pros* Too much of free time for fun activities like gossiping and going on 11am runs with co-workers.
* You get to stay in Paradise working for this company..

ConsWhere Do I begin.

* extremely poor and belligerent leadership.
* Business has no sense or idea about technology and are extremely incompetent when defining requirements for IT team
* Every individuals motive in this company is to keep their job safe, so they avoid innovation as much as possible as it upsets senior management and keep everyone's hands tied.
* No proper channeling of work to contract or Full time employees, Most of them get paid top dollar to just laze around and talk stories with colleagues.
* Extremely Poor and callous decision making while hiring full time employees for IT team, most of them don't know jack about anything and are hired just because they are "local", most of them get fired or quit within a year.

Unorganized

I have been working at Hawaiian Telcom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The benefits of a union employee Cons: Unorganized No communication Lack of leadership. Understaffed lower to middle management Advice to Senior Management: Learning to listen to your employees. Learn to lead and not jus manage. A true… More

Mixed Bag

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Honolulu, HI

I have been working at Hawaiian Telcom

Pros: Good benefits, good schedule flexibliity Cons: poor market leadership, poor commitment to quality, poor employee growth… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Hawaiian Telcom.

Worked for Hawaiian Telcom? Contribute to the Community!