Hawk Ridge Systems
www.hawkridgesys.com Orinda, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Let's face it, a company is about people, and these people are smart and successful, making it a great place to work.

Professional Person (Current Employee)
Oakland, CA

ProsThe offices are all pretty small so no matter where you work you feel like you are part of a small company. We sell a great product which is really fun to talk about and demonstrate. Expectations are high and that is why our results have always been so good.

ConsSome people are disappointed because the owners are not perceived as generous (no match on the 401k) but the sales compensation plans are very generous. It really depends on how you define generous and what is important to you.
The people who don't succeed here are the ones who fight the culture. We are growing and changing and some people cannot cope with that. It really just boils down to knowing yourself, what work environment is good for you, then go find it. If the expectations seem high, you have to step up and do better. If you don't *want* to do better, you are in the wrong company.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe only advice I would have given to management is to loosen the reins a bit - three owners cannot directly supervise over 100 employees in two countries - but they just announced some internal promotions and new manager openings so we were very happy to see that change.

Flag Review
Hawk Ridge Systems HR Manager responded to this review May 10, 2014 EditDelete
The structure of the company has completely changed in the past two years. Many of our team members have been promoted into management roles as we build the infrastructure to support our growth. It ... More

Great Opportunity !!

Account Subscription Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hawk Ridge Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros: The culture of the place is very friendly so its easy… Cons: lack of sick days and vacation period. Advice to Senior Management: Positive reinforcement works much better than micro management. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Not good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Hawk Ridge Systems

Pros: You will gain a lot of software knowledge if you… Cons: There are many, hard to count, suffice it to say that working in… Advice to Senior Management: A lot of advice was already provided by those who left,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Hawk Ridge Systems.

Worked for Hawk Ridge Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hawk Ridge Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hawk Ridge Systems CEO Dale Ford. All reviews posted anonymously by Hawk Ridge Systems employees.