There are newer employer reviews for Haydon Building Corp

Haydon Building Corp. is where its at.

Current Employee - Estimator in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Estimator in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Haydon Building Corp

Pros

The people there are very helpful and communicate well. People at Haydon like to do things out side of work and like it when others succed. They work hard and put forth good effort. It is a lot of fun working at Haydon Building Corp and people there are always trying to do a good job. Whenever you need to take time off they are always helpful in accomodating each individuals needs and concerns. Senior management is easy to approach and communicates well with employees. Everyone works together in order to get the job done and are quick to assist others when they are in need.

Cons

The overall project diversity and work that Haydon Building Corp performs is not very diverse. They do a lot of the same types of things. However they are successful at what they do and strive to run succesful projects. When it comes down to business they do what they need to. Also, some of the employees within the company are negative towards certain aspects of the job. At times it seems as if they are just doing things becuase they have to. The leadership abilities of the majority of the employees are fair to poor and the effort factor could use work.

Advice to Management

I would advise senior management to put more importance toward hiring leaders as their employees. The workforce within the company needs improvement and the structure and guidelines need to be further strengthened.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great Experience

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Haydon Building Corp as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great chance to get thrown into the industry. No hesitation to give me small responsibilities and test my competence.

Cons

There haven't been any downsides yet, but it could be tough to commute to a job site in the future as a project intern.

Advice to Management

They have been great at having an open door to conversations with me to help me learn more about the industry.

2. Ex Project Manager, worked at Haydon for many years. Both my wife and I were "Let Go" at the exact same time.

Former Employee - Project Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Haydon Building Corp full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

BUILDING DIVISION seams well run. Civil division runs just OK. They do get the job done.

Cons

Civil division, all management personnel kneel to the President.....too many YES men.

Advice to Management

None, management personnel are totally afraid of losing their jobs, never contradict the BOSS !